93 replies to this topic

#41 DarkRedShadow

DarkRedShadow

I've posted about 1000 times here; Regret 900 of those posts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

I was playing around with the vampire and finnaly got the cape on proparly and I have to say he looks great.And for series 3 the mummy and the boombox are cool,BUT THE GORILLA AND BANNA ARE THE BEST! hulk3.gif banana.gif
Posted Image

#42 DaveOMac

DaveOMac

Creator of Minimate Theatre

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Not sure if anyone else has done this but if you have a bar code reader on your iPhone scan the second bar code on the packs, the one with no numbers, this will tell you what is in the pack. I was able to get all 16 of the second series at Target. These were located in the Halloween section for some odd reason.
Posted Image

#43 pawcanada

pawcanada

Mini-Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 21 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the Elf and the Samurai, the rest seem a bit meh.

Second, though I also like the look of the Mummy.

Agreed that the selection is too sports/leisure based.

Personally I'd like a nice blend of "realistic", "warrior" and "supernatural" style characters. I'd love to have one of each "warrior class" (Knight, Samurai, Ninja, Pirate etc.), especally ones like the Spartan that were never around when I was a kid.

#44 blacksun1520

blacksun1520

Questin'...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

If anyone is still looking for a Spartan, PM me.

BS
"Oh take me down to a minimate city where the packs are fresh and variants are plenty... oh won't you please take me home!!"

Posted Image

#45 Captain Paco

Captain Paco

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Okay, I never even knew of wave one until wave two came out.

I have nothing from wave one.

From wave two I have: 1 Lifegaurd, 2 Surfer Dudes, 1 Snow skier, 1 Vampire, 1 Witch, 2 Ringmasters, 1 Weightlifter, 1 Mexican, 2 Pharohs and 1 Spartan. I had a second Vampire but I gave him to a friend who is really into vampires and who was just in a stage production of Dracula.

I really never had real Legos as a child but I enjoy them as an adult and I got the mini figures really to use the bases for my Minimates.

I am in Central Illinois and I have having a hard time finding the minifigures because I can only get to one TRU to find them and they are generally always out when I do get there. I got five of mine online.

I was hoping to get mime and then I will be done with my wants from this second wave. I am so hoping for the third wave as the mummy and gorilla look GREAT.

#46 jcastick

jcastick

Digital Artist / Minimate Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

Just picked up one pack of series 2 and got the Lifeguard..... Anyone interested?

#47 minimadman

minimadman

Ugh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

Thanks to the Red Laser app on my iPhone I picked up 2 Spartans today. I have one still in the package if anyone is interested in trading for it.

#48 Scorpion

Scorpion

The one and only scorpion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

Minifigure wave 3 is currently out and so the new decoder.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://modelbuilding...s-been-cracked/

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Edited by Scorpion, 21 November 2010 - 12:00 PM.

The sting of the scorpion. Also see my Wants and Haves List 3 down.  

14588174426_28abde585d_z.jpg

#49 Scorpion

Scorpion

The one and only scorpion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

Series four has just been announced.

http://www.brothers-...announced-news/

The sting of the scorpion. Also see my Wants and Haves List 3 down.  

14588174426_28abde585d_z.jpg

#50 Smashmaster12

Smashmaster12

That one guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

Already?! Jeez, LEGO, they ARE awesome, but this is kinda getting a little overkill now. laugh.gif
Posted Image

#51 Nervous Rex

Nervous Rex

Proud Papa!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

just picked up some wave 3. got 3 mummies mad.gif . don't want any of them, a sumo guy, the alien, tennis player, and race car driver. would love to trade these for some others like thye fisherman, hip hop, and baseball guy. probably only keep the sumo
Semper Fidelis!

#52 Twisted Two-Face

Twisted Two-Face

"You and I remember Budapest VERY differently"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Got the Mummy, my most wanted (laugh.gif), two Samurai (dry.gif), and a Rapper (mad.gif) from the past wave. All i want are the Mummy and the Pilot to use with Pharaoh's Quest, the only Lego Sets i've picked up in years because the first Lego sets i had as a child were the Egypt Adventurers i built with my dad. Total nostalgia factor. smile.gif

Wave 4 looks PERFECT, and i want almost every single one. After a crapshow that was 3, this is the greatest turnaround possible. Way to step it up, Lego. thumbsup.gif

2f03r5z.jpg

WINTER SOLDIER 2012 2013

VICTORY.

#53 pawcanada

pawcanada

Mini-Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

Liking the viking and fencer from series 4. Might also get the mad scientist for my desk at work.

Anyone know if Series 3 is starting to become available in the UK?

#54 jcastick

jcastick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

I would love to get the Artist for myself and the Hockey Player for my wife.....but I haven't the slightest clue where to find these around here. I was lucky to find ONE pack at the local 5 Below store but that was it.

#55 blacksun1520

blacksun1520

Questin'...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

I never even saw wave 3 in the stores, and I really wanted the samurai sad.gif I like the HAZ MAT guy and mad scientist from wave 4.

BS
"Oh take me down to a minimate city where the packs are fresh and variants are plenty... oh won't you please take me home!!"

Posted Image

#56 HRGMann

HRGMann

The Whitest Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:52 AM

Has anyone found these in a Five Below store? If so, where in the store were they stocked? I was in one yesterday, and the store was trashed, stuff everywhere. I'd like to pick up some stocking stuffers, but hate to pay $4 per at Toys R Us.
Thanks!

#57 jcastick

jcastick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

I found a single pack just kind of laying around the toy section.....mine has a plethora of one kind of mini lego set and that is where I found it. I searched the entire store once I found it and didn't see any kind of display or bin or anything for them. So for me, it could very well have been a fluke but I'm not sure I haven't been back there due to lack of funds.
I will keep an eye out though to give more info if I can.

#58 funkguerilla

funkguerilla

In it to win it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

Just a heads up, these are popping up at Targets in the Valentine's Day Section for 2.99 a pop. Because noting says 'I love you' like a gorilla suited lego minifigure.
My blogs, collect'em all!

My Comic Blog - Platypus Robot
My Movie Production Blog - Uncle Slavko's Fun Time Blog
My Webcomic - Spicy Braun Comics

#59 Michael McGowan

Michael McGowan

Mini-Addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Just snagged the fisherman in all his glorious grandiousity, but my real want is a cheerleader and 3 or 4 zombies so I can make a stop motion short. Does anyone know of any stores to check out for the first few waves of lego minifigs? My local TRU just has the series 3, nothing else. sad.gif
Until Red Skulls accessory becomes a free mail-order swastika, Make mine Marvel "uhh" Minimate...

#60 Captain Paco

Captain Paco

Mini-Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

On Friday, I went to TRU and got four Lego Minifigures from set three.

I felt each package to see if I could feel the scropion and the banana. As I only wanted the Mummy and the Gorilla. I ended up geting one Gorilla, one Mummy, one Alien (which was on my list but not a must have) and one Elven Warrior (calling him that due to his hair peice having pointed ears.)

I would like to find the cyborg and the samuri warrior and maybe the Native American Chief. I am sure over the short time they are in the store I will be able to get back and feel my way into a few more figures I would like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users