#21 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (ARE-JAY @ Jun 24 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there really a tiny Yoda on his back? Thats so freakin cool! DST should do one like that with AOA Sabretooth & a tiny wild child =)

http://www.kubrickna...o...sc&start=30
I'm not certain that there was ever anything cooler in the history of man. . .

--edit: I got Boba Fett in the mail today. I think that he may well be my favorite Kubrick so far. . .after my MGS2 Snake, of course. "Otacon!!"

Edited by karamazov80, 24 June 2008 - 10:27 PM.

#22 pickle

pickle

Mini-Maniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:44 PM

Here is a Canadian site selling some figures from wave 5, 6, and 7. That is if some people avoid ebay.

http://www.goldenage...rick/index.html

Just thought I would share it.

#23 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Well, I've gotten nearly all the essential Star Wars figures that I need at this point (minus some of the cool chase and costume variants), but the one core good guy I'm missing is 3PO. So, an auction popped up with him a few days ago, and I happily bid immediately. Now, look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...I...I:IT&ih=006

The auction started at $9.99, and I was initially willing to pay as much as $25 ($30 shipped). At this point, with almost a day still remaining, I fully expect this to get up to at least $45 before the auction is over.

Can anyone explain this to me? I haven't seen a regular 3PO in an auction by itself over the last month, but still, I just don't understand this. I've only seen a few Greedo and Obi Wan auctions--figures that were also 1 per case of 12--and they never got over $20-30 on a good day (for the seller, that is). The same guy is selling those, as well as the Tusken Raider, Lando (also from series 3), and others that are 1 per case of 12, but many of these don't even have bids, and none of them is over $20 yet! I guess 3PO is just too popular for me to afford. This is really depressing, b/c I have no idea when he might show up on eBay again sad.gif

(just wanted to vent smile.gif )

Edited by karamazov80, 05 July 2008 - 04:00 PM.

#24 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

Karamazov80 ,for God's stop wingeing about that bloody C3PO...it's not as if it's a Minimate,you know ......something important wink.gif

#25 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (buttheadsmate @ Jul 5 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Karamazov80 ,for God's stop wingeing about that bloody C3PO...it's not as if it's a Minimate,you know ......something important wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Funny thing is, right after I posted this I did think, "man, I sound like a real whiny bastard," and I considered deleting it. Ah, the frustrations of toy collecting. What a difficult life it is that I live where this is what I concern myself with smile.gif

Edited by karamazov80, 05 July 2008 - 04:43 PM.

#26 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Can someone do me a favour and tell me if these are an official Kubrick release or just a knock off ?

Basically i'm thinking of picking up a set even though i'm not really collecting mini figures anymore...But for these i'll make an exception because they're Clones and you can never have enough Clones tongue.gif

Edited by bruticus, 05 July 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#27 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 5 2008, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone do me a favour and tell me if these are an official Kubrick release or just a knock off ?

I'm pretty sure that those are KOs. In fact, I don't think that any official Clone Troops have been released yet. One is coming out soon in wave 9 with a yellow clone as a chase (they actually may have just been released in Japan), and a different Clone Troop looking more like a Storm Trooper is being released in wave 10. Check out the Kubrick section of the forum at www.jedidefender.com for more info. Here is a pic of wave 10:

http://www.jedidefen...6-08/kubS10.jpg

I don't like the prequels, but I do really dig that General Grievous

#28 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 6 2008, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically i'm thinking of picking up a set even though i'm not really collecting mini figures anymore...But for these i'll make an exception because they're Clones and you can never have enough Clones tongue.gif

These are ,if I remember rightly, are known as Starbricks(?) I don't feel that they can be classed as KOs but they aren't Medicom Kubricks...just articulated figures. I have explained elsewhere ,but you'll forgive me for repeating myself (age!) ,that Kubrick ,in Asia ,has become a generic term for any small action figure.

#29 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

Cheers for the information dudes...

Thinking i might pick them up anyway because they're Clones and they'll fit in perfectly with a display idea i've got...

#30 entertheninja!

entertheninja!

Master Of Pheremonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

i watching them in awe and then i saw the F^%$#@& Jar Jar Binks. why must you ruin everything Jar Jar?! WHY?! PORQUE?!
Be sure to check out my blog! It's freeeee, yo! http://www.jorskeptictank.blogspot.com

#31 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 6 2008, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers for the information dudes...

Thinking i might pick them up anyway because they're Clones and they'll fit in perfectly with a display idea i've got...

Now you can get a licensed Clone minifig army!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

#32 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 12 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too expensive...

But mine turned up in the post Saturday morning and i've got no complaints...

They'll do for what i've got in mind...

#33 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 14 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 12 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too expensive...

Your going to start a fire? tongue.gif

#34 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 14 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. Personally, I just got my first KO Kubricks last week in the DBZ-Kubs, and I now have a very bad taste in my mouth regarding KOs. Blech:

Edited by karamazov80, 14 July 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#35 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 14 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (bruticus @ Jul 14 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. Personally, I just got my first KO Kubricks last week in the DBZ-Kubs, and I now have a very bad taste in my mouth regarding KOs. Blech:

Is that 'Flakey' ,the chase figure from Psoriasis 2 ? I love that show sad.gif

#36 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 14 2008, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's unfortunate because in my experience it's very hit and miss when it comes to KO's...

I've had some very good KO's in my time, the WST Dinobots, RM Star Saber and Victory Leo and a few SD Gundam spring to mind but i've also had some really crappy KO's...

Sorry to see it didn't work out for you dude...

#37 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

I do love the Justitoys Grimlock, I must say, but some of the Transformers KOs out there seem quite a notch above some KOs of other toy lines that I have seen.

#38 bruticus

bruticus

Curmudgeonly old man...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (karamazov80 @ Jul 16 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do love the Justitoys Grimlock, I must say, but some of the Transformers KOs out there seem quite a notch above some KOs of other toy lines that I have seen.

I only managed to pick up Sludge and Swoop recently but i have to say that out of the five i dig Snarl the most...

And yeah, the whole business of KO's is dodgy, some companies put a lot of attention into theirs whereas others just don't seem to care *shrugs*

And i know it's not the place for it but...

Edited by bruticus, 16 July 2008 - 03:36 PM.

#39 buttheadsmate

buttheadsmate

Mini-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

I have just received my set of Series 8 . The basic set of 6 is class & the new incarnation of C3PO is beautiful. However......

......I love Mini-block figures ....Palz ,Kubricks & especially Minimates....I have a few. So.....& I really ,really mean this........

.....the Battle Droid Figure is,without any hesitation my favourite Kubrick........ever! It's not rare ,it's not expensive & it is superb. It is without doubt the Kubrick you need to own even if you don't like Kubricks. You need to own one...or twenty. Get one...or twenty.

#40 karamazov80

karamazov80

The Enemy

• MMC
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Wow, really? The Battle Droid? If you don't mind my asking BHM, what do you like so much about it? I never had the least bit of interest in picking him up, but I'm going to have to consider it after seeing such a rave review from someone who has already forgotten more about mini-figures than I will ever know (and no, that isn't a knock on your age wink.gif ).

And regarding the WST Dinos, I would ideally have all of those, too, but they are just too damn pricey. I paid nearly 20 for Grimlock because he is so awesome, and I'm sure that I'll shell it out for the forthcoming WST Shockwave and Wheeljack, but not for the secondary Dinobots.

Edited by karamazov80, 16 July 2008 - 04:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users