UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham

hellpop

So who watched the pilot? What did you think? I liked it. Some of the stuff with the Rogues felt a bit forced, but I really liked Gordon and Bullock (rip Terriers). I'm definitely in for a few more weeks, which is more than I can say about the SHIELD pilot last year.

It's hard to tell with almost every incarnation Gotham. In fact, i kind of struggled with the DKR movie, as it looked like Manhattan and not the Gotham i remember. The entire city usually looks like the 20's and 30's, regardless of what era it's actually meant to be. Indeed, some of the fashion choices for the show had flavours that looked pre-80's by a loooong shot.

I like the show's timeless quality. I honestly don't spend time dwelling on it like I did with Burton's first flick with tech that was all over the place. Anton Furst's Gotham looked cool but was so oppressive and claustrophobic that it made the picture seem small.

This was a good start. Actors are still getting a feel for their characters so some of it felt pretty raw. Once they become more comfortable in their roles I'm sure the show will seem more refined but I generally like where it's heading.

I wasn't happy about being beaten over the head with the penguin references all the time but apparently neither is Cobblepot. For now he's the breakout character and the one I'm most looking forward to see evolve.

There was a lot more Bruce than I expected. Seeing his journey in the context of a police procedural is going to be different. He'll be able to follow Gordon's rise as well as the criminal career paths of Gotham's greatest foes so that when he finally dons cape and cowl, he'll be able to hit the ground running more believably than ever.

And while I always liked the idea of Harvey Dent as his childhood friend, it looks like Bruce will be palling around with Selina. Who better to give the poor little rich kid some street smarts?

Bring on Wildcat in a couple seasons.