UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was gonna snag pics of Cannonball's blast stand over the holiday, and I realized it's blue-poster-tacked to my display, so I'm gonna need to very carefully remove it, so it may take me a bit. confused.gif

Just take pics of the whole display! With close ups, of course :P

Edited by Onyx_6

Here are glimpses of the X-shelf:

DSC07988_zps94032dff.jpg

DSC07981_zpsef6b9764.jpg

DSC07980_zps7d878455.jpg

DSC07983_zps11425789.jpg

DSC07964_zps883f09eb.jpg

DSC07966_zps963b49f7.jpg

DSC07972_zps661704dd.jpg

DSC05956.jpg

I designed a Lego X-mansion, similar to my Hall of Armor, but even though I kept it simple, the price estimate through the Lego Design program gave me a $300+ total, hence why they have no environment, unlike the rest of my Marvel 'Mates.

Wow. Some old pictures in there, lol.

You have no idea. laugh.png

My problem is the carpet on my floor is really old and kicks up dust like you wouldn't believe. I would need to dust daily, which is why at best, I just try to blow stuff off before taking pictures, lol. When we first moved in, we were renting, so we couldn't do anything about it. Now we own, but if I clear everything out, it won't be to replace the carpet, it'll be because I'm moving, lol.

Cannonball!

On the left is the original stand, on the right is the altered one:

DSC08541_zpsf2edf2dd.jpg

I got a second pack before making these changes, because I like having stock figures, and don't want to ruin my only copy. For example I got an extra Uncanny box set so I could trim the collar on Jubilee's trench coat so it'd fit with the Ultimate Jean Grey hairpiece I ended up using (and with the extra Bishop, gave her rolled up sleeves!). I only wish I'd started doing it earlier, as I've ruined my only BttFII Doc Brown (for a custom Jubilee, lol, *sigh*), and a few others, too.

Anyways, back on to the blast stand!

DSC08538_zps1890ba0b.jpg

I cut the shoulders down on his jacket so he could lift his arms straight up in his classic "Superman" pose: DSC08542_zpsdab7ce46.jpg

DSC08543_zps55b34fbd.jpg

As you can see, it not only gives him better height, but angle as well: DSC08544_zpsd2d6013d.jpg

I also think because the two stands don't blend seamlessly together, that it looks like it's his lower body/legs/etc.

And the requested, current, "Mutant Nation" setup: DSC08547_zps333dcb46.jpg

All the more reason why I need a "playset" with multiple levels. I'm almost out of room for new figures. confused.gif

Edited by TENIME_art

QC bathrobe Chameleon:

IMAG0606-1_zps52b24ac7.jpg

Pete Wisdom:

IMAG0607-1_zps20b52e9b.jpg

I'm gonna paint the inner coat (attached to the trench) black, and maybe the tie as well. I'm gonna paint flesh on the backs & palms of his hands, so it's just the fingers that are translucent, and I'm going to attempt to trim the cuffs off (without taking the hand pegs with them).

QC bathrobe Chameleon:

[url=http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/tenimeart/IMAG0606-1_zps52b24ac7.jpg'>http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/tenimeart/IMAG0606-1_zps52b24ac7.jpg]

Looks like he walked into the bathroom to find that the previous occupant didn't flush.

Edited by pappymojo

• 3 weeks later...

I call these flight suit fantastic four

021_zps50042d6e.jpg

And just a temporary little challenge I set myself. The Legion of subs (who are all evil and marvel for some reason)

033_zps39680e9b.jpg

I had to use parts from an unbelievably large number of figures for these.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the upper arm covers the mailaway Hulkbuster has were a nice improvement but I didn't think there were any parts available to perform a similar upgrade to my original Hulkbuster. Then I ran across the Onslaught 'mate I had lying around:

HulkbusterUpgrade_zpsaeea2ff7.jpg

Not a huge improvement, but worth doing if you like Iron Man more than Onslaught.