UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Who

AdyCarter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read the book, what was the prophecy supposed to be?

I've heard rumours that a certain British actor who has also been a sort of time traveller recently may be making an appearance later in this series.

Have you heard anything?

Careful now...

Derek Jacobi is supposadly playing "The Professor" in episode 11

V. Careful now

There is a strong rumor that unseen to the Doctor, he'll reginerate at the end into John Simm who'll go back in time and run for prime minister as Mr Saxon (ie the Master)

The actors are confirmed... the link between them and characters however is not.

As for the prophecy, something about world dying in flame, the sky been torn asunder and general apocalyptic stuff shall occur when the face of boe reveals his secret to the lonely god.

However..

Apparently we'll be seen Bo again though.... Guess to explain why he calls the Doctor "Old Friend" all the time

Yep I've seen mention of both of those actors, especially the latter. I think it's a great choice, almost as inspired as Ecclestone and Tennant. Be interesting to see how things pan out.

That prophecy's only about one world though isn't it? I think RTD's dropped a bit of a cobbler there. :D Unless that book wasn't written by him, in which case the licensors need to pay more attention.

I also think that New Earth may be Gallifrey in the past, suggesting that Humanity evolves into the Time Lords. The only thing I have to base this theory on is the colour of new earth's sky which is the same colour the Doctor referred to when he was reminiscing so I may be barking up the wrong tree.

Or just barking! :D

That thought crossed my mind too... definately parallels there... perhaps a possible set up for a far future "New Gallifrey"

The whole Humanity becoming timelord things is a long running / long hinted at thing as far back as the original series (similar appearance, similar genetics(ish), the whole doctor-been-half-human thing and the bizzare amount of interest they've always payed to that planet)

I'm really looking forward to episode 9/10 this year, its a TV version of Paul Cornwells book "Human Nature" possibly the greatest Who book ever!

On other thing, Bos' final words seemed off somehow. "You are the last of your kind, as I am of mine, but you are not alone" Last of his kind, but not alone? Wha?

It's confusing isn't it? The Doctor is supposedly the last Time Lord which means there could possible be a Time Lady or two out there. Then again he could be referring to Rose/Martha/all the other companions The Doctor's had.

Everyone's champing at the bit for the return of

The Master but he's a Time Lord too someone I know said that as The Master's used his 13th regeneration he's technically no longer a time lord

but I think that's just splitting hairs.

Yeah he body hopped ages back into a different body, then he got killed in the movie and became a little snake thing that took over another body, hes more a conssciousness than a TL now I guess...

God only knows... Parallel Doctor perhaps? There was afterall a parallel torchwood? Guess it depends on if Gallifrey is a multiversal constant or not.

I'm up to date except for the latest dalek episode, loving the new series.

Ady are the books worth reading? I am always dubious of books that are spinoffs of TV series.

BTW is there a reference like the badwolf/torchwood thing this season?

T.

Vote Saxon, was in an ep of Torchwood, the Runaway Bride, Love and Monsters and the first Ep of S3, its the theme but only in "modern day" episodes.

The books are actually pretty damn good, that one I mentioned earlier was just a companion book about monsters etc, but the actual novels are pretty good

Yeh was ace!!! Next one looks good. Series has been ok so far. I liked the Face Of Boe one. Martha hasnt visited her parents yet since they started series, which is silly.

Oh yeh,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

was a good thing. but is

Face Of Boe dead?

??? hmm

The finale of this series, well, from episode 11 onwards!! will be ace. Do NOT look on wikipedia, huge spoilers there!!!

MR SAXON!!!! HMM, he been on loads of posters and such....hmmm. i think i know who he is!!

Cap'n Jacks back too....brapppp! cannot wait!!

BRING ON TORCHWOOD series 2 as well!!!!! cannot wait.

BTW USA VIEWERS - my mate says that all episodes are on website

I think we can safely say that

face of boe

is brown bread. But like Ady says when you've a show that deals with time travel it's likely that we'll see him (it?) again.

I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible for this series, from reading interviews with RusselTshirtsleeves there's plenty afoot and I want to be surprised by it.

Can't believe you said Braaapppp! :D

Wannabe Thug4life or what?

Sorry about the link. im at sixth form and cannot get onto some internet sites,and ive never visited it.

Yeh i hate all the adverts and radio times, having the

new dalek sec

on the front!!! silly bbc sometimes

Thug4life! haha no. its a new-rave thing atm lol

enjoy the series!

haha Vote Saxon @ top!!!! haha

Bad Wolf? maybe??

• 2 months later...

And Blammo! It's over. I think we had a series of two halfs. It seemed to be treading water for the first half,even Evolution of the Daleks was a bit of a let down, good fun but a bit of a let down all the same. Then we got Human Nature/ Family of Blood and the absolutely sublime 'Blink' (US fans you must not miss this episode) which surely scared the absolute shite out of any under tens that watched it. Ending up with

the return of the master

through an amazingly tense 3 parter. There were moments that jarred in the final episode but for the most part it was damn good fun and I can't wait to see this years Christmas Special.

Bonus: We now know who/what the Face of Boe is/was. :D

So I caught half an episode or so on PBS last night. They run BBC stuff a lot of times, I love it. It looks kinda good, but was confusing. A little wooden, but better then most British stuff. If I can catch more I'll watch it.

So my question is, how long is an episode? Cause it ended on the 45 minute mark, which is kinda odd.

Episodes are 45 minutes long. I really liked this series. I enjoyed the Evolution of the Daleks. The final three episodes were brilliant. I liked how it was set 1 year on, as Martha isn't all powerful, and it would take her time to defeat a

Time Lord

. I thought that Martha was a much better companion that Rose, and played by a better actress. I hope that she does phone the Doctor in the next series, and she'll be back in it for abit. The Christmas one will be interesting.

How can something break the walls of the TARDIS?

I think it was a real shame that the Master was killed off.

What do you think was the significance of the

Time Lord killing gun

and his wife picking up his Gallifreyan ring?

^^^Actually, I think the opposite. The new assistant is so wooden and bland she's kind of ruining it for me. I find her unconvincing lusting after the Doctor a big bore. There is no chemistry between them. Good chemistry is of course genuinely sexy. Billy Piper has a genuine presence and played Rose with a big heart and was genuinely touching. There was tangible on-screen chemistry between Piper and both Eccleston and Tennant, something not really seen in WHO before.

I have lost interest in WHO recently. I still Tennant is very good the role, but I don't like the Torchwood crossovers with the appearance of Captain Jack and the somewhat backward Carry On style references to Barrowman's sexuality. I would have hoped for more sophistication in the noughties, and the shows just getting a little too silly with an all too transparent and forced attempt to "sex things up". Barrowman's presence is overpowering and distracting, and really a rather cynical attempt to promote the BBC's teeny-bopper WHO spin-off series.

The new Master really doesn't cut the mustard, they could have got Rick Mayall to play that role with more genuine menace.

The first two series were sharp, fresh, innovative, and sassy, but now there is too much of the BBC crowing about what it can now do with FX, and the whole thing is becoming intolerably dumbed-down. You know this is the case when matrons from the shires start writing to the Radio Times trilling about how the scary stone angel monsters caused them to hide behind their Laura Ashley cushions with Jemima and Harry. :angry:

To make matters worse, it has now been announced that Kylie Minogue will appear in the Christmas special. I have nothing gainst Kylie, but I am not thrilled that WHO seems to be turning into a vehicle for star turns. It makes one weep for the days of Pertwee and the Brigadeer in glorious black & white when the matrons of the shires were urging us to turn the nasty, scary programme off and go outside and play nicely.

Not sure if this has been said yet but in the paper that my dad was reading it said that Catherine Tate is going to be the doctors new sidekick, as Donna, the runaway bride; and that Martha Jones will be returning midway through the series.

Patriot

Yeah, on the surface casting Tate as the new companion has gone down like a turd on the dinner table with hardcore who fans. Then again they're hardcore who fans. They hate everything and everone. If they had their way Dr Who would be strictly adults only and wouldn't be shown until at least 10 in the evening. They forget the concept of family show.

Personally I think it's funny. It'll certainly shake up the status quo and at least we won't have any of that unrequited love rubbish that's been getting in the way of the story. :)

I'm just a romantic at heart.

I hated Catherine Tate in the Runaway Bride. I am not looking forward to next series, apart from the Martha episodes. Catherine Tate can't act! She's terrible.

I hated Catherine Tate in the Runaway Bride. I am not looking forward to next series, apart from the Martha episodes. Catherine Tate can't act! She's terrible.

What he said... Catherine Tate just came across as shouty and annoying when she was in the xmas special.

I think Rad's right and the love interest thing is slightly overstaying it's welcome too, make the next companion a bloke, a robot even an alien or something! :)

T.

A man? HOPEFULLY the romance will be gone if that ever happens. But then again, I'm not one to judge!

I'm just a romantic at heart.

Aren't we all? :P

Patriot

The companion being an alien would be great! For a Science Fiction show, there aren't nearly enough aliens in my opinion. Captain Jack would be welcome aboard the TARDIS as he is such a great character and played by such a fanastic actor, but the BBC want him to carry on with Torchwood instead. I'm really looking forward to the next series of Torchwood.