UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blackest Night Figures

Okay, so i guess i'm kinda alone on this one, but i have never really collected DCD Figures. I own Silk Spectre II and Doc Manhatten, and that's it. But ever since i saw the figures for Blackest Night, i really wanted all of them. The main problem i had was that DCD never finishes their best lines, and this needed to go more than two, especially into the other Corps they hadn't made yet. This made me giddy with joy and my wallet cry:

DC Direct discussed Blackest Night plans at IGN and showed pics of all the related figures…

Wave #1

– Black Lantern Earth-2 Superman 6.5"

– Alpha Lantern Boodika with removable face plate 6.75"

– Blue Lantern Saint Walker with power battery 7.5"

– Atrocitus with power battery 7.25"

Wave #2

– Black Lantern Martian Manhunter 7"

– Green Lantern John Stewart with power battery 6.75"

– Indigo with Power battery 7"

– Kryb with removable back cage that stores two alien babies 7"

Wave #3

– Black Lantern Aquaman 6.75"

– Green Lantern Arisia with power battery 6.5"

– Star Sapphire with power battery 6.625"

– Larfleeze The Orange Lantern with Glomulus and power battery 7" (Glomulus is 2.375")

Wave #4

– Black Lantern Firestorm 6.75" to top of head (helmet increases height)

– Green Lantern Kyle Rayner with power battery 6.75"

– Black Hand with Batman skull 6.75"

– Wonder Woman 6.625" to top of head (not shown)

2hn6zwg.jpg

This looks incredible. And now i can get my official Indigo, Arisia, Larfleeze, , newer-Carol, and Glomulus :lol: Can't wait to see Wonder Woman...

Thoughts??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Seems pretty unusual for DC Direct to think this far ahead with a line, but based on the posts here, I'm guessing this is a popular funny book. I guess DC will use this series to bring one or two of the "Black Lanterns" to life again permanently. :rolleyes:

Edited by karamazov80

I'm not sure how good the story will be but then again I've never saw the appeal in zombies. Very curious to see that they planned this far ahead. I know some GL fans have been waiting for another Kyle figure, Arisia and Larfleeze. Curious to see that Wonder Woman is in this line, that now DCD has accessories (which I thought they got rid of) and Star Sapphire has another new figure. I'm most amused with the alien babies and the bat skull. The babies because I can only image them trying to sell this in Toys r Us and the skull because of the green eyes and pointed bat ears.

Thanks for posting!

Figures look good.

And K80, considering how many dead headliners are participating, I'm hoping for more than one or two becoming permanent rez'd.

And my guess is Wonder Woman's greek mythic origins will play a role, you know, retrieving souls from the underworld or some such.

Wow. Just wow. Heck-a-frekkin-awesome! Look at all that, especially the detail! Hal looks really pissed at something.

My only complaint is that DCD don't have a lot of points of articulation. Maybe it's just because I'm just used to Marvel Legends toys. :/

But where's Hal? Where's Guy? Where's Kilowog?

No G'nort? Shocking!

Keep in mind, Rad, these are figures for Blackest Night. I'm assuming that DCD already knows DC plans for the entire event, or else making some of these would be pointless. With Hal coming to SDCC (at limited supply AND each having a wearable Corps Ring :angry:), i can only assume this is to mean that Guy, G'nort, and Kilowog won't play major roles in the actual event.

Keep in mind that as of yesterday we were in the Prelude to Blackest Night events (Agent Orange, Emerald Eclipse), and while the ones you mentioned did play parts in in the Prelude, it doesn't mean they will in the actual event.

Wow - i mean really WOW.

My problem with DC has been that almost all the toy lines released seem to focus on having Batman, Superman & wonderwoman somewhere int hem at the expense of another character that was essential to the storyline. Having said that, i am STOKED to see so many of the characters from Blackest Night being released.

I'd love to see a

Mongul with 8 sinestro rings too . . .

but perhaps he isn't playing as big a role ni the cross-over as the lead up seemed to indicate.

No G'nort? Shocking!

Keep in mind, Rad, these are figures for Blackest Night. I'm assuming that DCD already knows DC plans for the entire event, or else making some of these would be pointless. With Hal coming to SDCC (at limited supply AND each having a wearable Corps Ring :angry:), i can only assume this is to mean that Guy, G'nort, and Kilowog won't play major roles in the actual event.

Not having Guy surprised me a little as Booster Gold #2 which was co-written by Geoff Johns said that

Guy will be known as the greatest green lantern after playing a vital role in the Blackest Night.

Hopefully that's a good thing.

No G'nort? Shocking!

Not having Guy surprised me a little as Booster Gold #2 which was co-written by Geoff Johns said that

Guy will be known as the greatest green lantern after playing a vital role in the Blackest Night.

Hopefully that's a good thing.

That probably means that he dies.

That's the general theory a lot of fans have. I'd feel the same if it's true. That's my favorite lantern. But of course they also said that

the early death due to the glitch they had to fix (Guy getting the ring instead of Hal) had Guy dying "decades" before he was supposed to. And Guys' supposed to be around Hals' age right? That's what, mid 30 something? It would also be pretty annoying to get Ice back and then have him die.

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP DC DIRECT'S BLACKEST NIGHT STUFF IS AMAZING. Seriously, i took one look and am in awe. Hell, they all get bases according to their appropriate Corps (finally)!!!! Wonder Woman is still not shown there's a silhouette though. Neat hair sculpt.

And they have the Hal Jordans on display. And i am insanely jealous.

All on the first page:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...600&start=0

• 1 month later...

Hmm...i just got to thinking about Wonder Woman. Does anyone else think that she WON'T be a Black Lantern?? All of the sites indicate that she'll "be amusingly changed by the events of Blackest Night..." but i don't think DC, or Geoff for that matter, is stupid enought to make a Black Lantern "Holy Trinity." I'm starting to think she'll become one of two things (possible spoilers, i guess...):

Red

Indigo

I'm trying to look at the details of her silhouette, and i see what looks to be a skirt, more Greek-style boots/shoes, and armbands. And all look very Tribal. I think i see where Geoff is taking us...

• 2 months later...

A LOT of new Blackest Night figure info:

From a new *leaked* photo, days before it was supposed to be seen in ToyFare, you can see the top of WW's head, not in a silhouette. Now, there is a Black Lantern Figure promo pic, showing all the current planned ones; including a full-figure Black Lantern (sigh...) Diana:

119tn4w.jpg

Also pictured is Nekron, Hawkman, and Deadman!!!!! They're part of the bigger news:

Blackest Night Wave 5:

BL Hawkman (August)

BL Nekron (with lantern-scythe)

BL Deadman (hehehehe...:lol:)

BL Batman (...another "appeared for ONE panel Batman..." really??"

aox7o8.jpg

Blackest Night Wave 6(November):

BL Hawkgirl

Sinestro Corpsman Arkillo (damn, they love the Sinestros...)

*Spoiler figure*

*Spoiler figure*

Blackest Night Wave 7 (Late 2010/Early 2011):

Hal Jordan (wow...finally...no word on color though :P)

BL Terra w/ SCAR (OMFG YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!)

*Possibly!!!!!* Sinestro Corpsman Mongul (being retooled from Infinite Crisis for a chance in 7)

Mera is being discussed as a titular character possibility, as are Red Lantern Guy Gardner (Georg wants an updated Green and a Red one) and BL Elongated Man. But oh my God!!!!! First they solicit FOUR waves over the summer (something DCD rarely does), but now they are giving us THREE MORE, going all the way into 2011, two years after the first wave, and one after the actual event's conclusion!!!!! I must say, way to go, DCD. Home. Run.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

She's wearing a skirt, so is that suppossed to be Old E2 Diana or are they going to kill Wonder Woman... again...?

Yeah, getting bored with all the "shock" deaths.

Guys, please bear in mind that certain publishing empires get very upset when their material is published online without permission. MMMV can't afford the lawsuits. Cheers.

I actually just got the images from THE accepted GL Forum, thegreenlanterncorps.com...didn't realize that would be a problem... :blink:

Guys, please bear in mind that certain publishing empires get very upset when their material is published online without permission. MMMV can't afford the lawsuits. Cheers.

I actually just got the images from THE accepted GL Forum, thegreenlanterncorps.com...didn't realize that would be a problem... :blink:

Is that an official DC supported forum? Or just the largest fan forum? Either way, we'd still prefer it if scans from brand new editions of Toyfare were not posted here.

• 3 weeks later...