UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Help

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, the 2nd Secret Avengers set is available on TRU.com as we speak. Free shipping for orders over $20.

Dude. That's twice you've helped me out with info now! :thumbsup:

Alright. I need help with the stuff that won't be available anywhere else online (at retail price - f*** eBay and its scalpers).

Edited by TENIME_art

TENIME, you're going to Wizard World Chicago in 2 weeks aren't you? I've seen you on the Wizard message boards.

How many years have you been going to WWC? I'd have figured you'd try to get them there.

Also being in IL, I usually just pick up my San Diego minimate exclusives straight from Diamond at WWC. They pretty much always have leftovers. The only year I ever wasn't able to get them was last year, because WWC was before SDCC. (The reason they weren't available should be obvious, hehe). I don't know about the AFX sets, since they're not listed as attending WWC this year, but the Dark Avengers sets should at least be available, I would think.

Granted, there's no guarantee, but in 2007 I picked up both the Marvel Zombie and Preview Spider-Man sets, both released at earlier cons, with zero problems. And I never had any problems getting any con exclusives in the years before that.

I'll be giving it two weeks and seeing what kind of leftovers I can get at WW before turning to internet vendors. I'd recommend you do the same, personally. (Though ultimately, it's your call, obviously. ;) )

Edited by Gillbob316

I still need the GB exclusive and GB blank if anyone's picking up more stuff.

Also the mattel GB Egon!

TENIME, you're going to Wizard World Chicago in 2 weeks aren't you? I've seen you on the Wizard message boards.

How many years have you been going to WWC? I'd have figured you'd try to get them there.

Also being in IL, I usually just pick up my San Diego minimate exclusives straight from Diamond at WWC. They pretty much always have leftovers. The only year I ever wasn't able to get them was last year, because WWC was before SDCC. (The reason they weren't available should be obvious, hehe). I don't know about the AFX sets, since they're not listed as attending WWC this year, but the Dark Avengers sets should at least be available, I would think.

Granted, there's no guarantee, but in 2007 I picked up both the Marvel Zombie and Preview Spider-Man sets, both released at earlier cons, with zero problems. And I never had any problems getting any con exclusives in the years before that.

I'll be giving it two weeks and seeing what kind of leftovers I can get at WW before turning to internet vendors. I'd recommend you do the same, personally. (Though ultimately, it's your call, obviously. ;) )

I've been going to WWC since 2005. The problem is, each year we get fewer and fewer vendors, not to mention fewer and fewer exclusives from those that actually show. Believe me, I'd rather pick them up in person while I'm there, than get someone else to do it or order from a website & have to pay extra to have it shipped to me. :unsure:

I've been going to WWC since 2005. The problem is, each year we get fewer and fewer vendors, not to mention fewer and fewer exclusives from those that actually show. Believe me, I'd rather pick them up in person while I'm there, than get someone else to do it or order from a website & have to pay extra to have it shipped to me. :unsure:

I'm not even talking about the secondary market vendors, I'm talking about Diamond's booth. Diamond usually has leftover stock of their San Diego exclusives available for the same price they charged at San Diego.

Not sure about the AFX exclusives, but I expect Diamond would at least have the Dark Avengers sets at WWC. Not saying its guaranteed, but based on past years, its likely enough that I'll be waiting two weeks before I start placing orders online.

Same here. I got the zombies set in '07 and a few variant sets from Marvel and BSG last year, as it was BEFORE comic-con. I'll be picking up (IF DST has a booth. How do you know for sure?) any exclusives they bring along.

I'm not even talking about the secondary market vendors

Well, no, neither was I.

A few big ones including NECA & Toynami didn't show in 2007 (not related to Minimates, but their absence along with the others' caused me to miss out on a few exclusives I wanted).

And the only exclusive we got last year that I wanted was at the Wizard booth, so I don't even know if they were there then, either.

And, I think someone said AFX wasn't there last year. And AFX has most of the exclusives I want.

:(

Edited by TENIME_art

I have green and blue AFX minimates and I need the Sunday black one. I also have extras of the green and blue and some of the red mates from Saturday. Make an offer.