UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ken & Blanka 2 pack

It seems a vast majority of the SF2 crowd prefer their action figures to be taller and less cute.

Then explain how Street Fighter Gashapons are popular!

Although this brings a good point: There are no Street Fighter Kubricks!!

Clearly if there was a market for Street Fighter Block Figures they would have at least tried to make them right?

Nah, there are actually a couple: Chun-Li and Morrigan.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the "failure of SF2 block figures" has something to do with the nature of the characters themselves: they appear in a fighting game and thus people who want merchandise of these either want these with semi-realistic articulation (the SOTA figures) or in static yet action-packed poses (the gashapons). In either case the objective is to more or less recapturing the in-combat "dynamism" of the characters on a consumer level... something some people feel is a major drawback of block figures.

It seems a vast majority of the SF2 crowd prefer their action figures to be taller and less cute.

June22041.jpg

:whistling:

Easy. They aren't action figures. They are miniature statues.

That did bring about a thought: maybe the SF2 line burned because the fans prefer realistic representations of their favorite characters? The action figures apparently do well. The gashapons apparently do well. Is there a long running line of "deformed" SF characters?

And before dr baghead tries to torpedo another argument with a picture of a Chun Li stuffed animal or something, I said long running line and not one-off product. :biggrin:

• 2 years later...

Welcome back guys!

:lol:

So, are we still not going to get Any more Street Fighter Minimates? :unsure: Is it still a dead horse?

Or are we to see newly made SF characters, smuggled in quietly through the recent MvC3 license? :biggrin:

All those guys that have posted their support for SFII and the possibility of releasing those characters should endeavour to support the latest line of MvC3, it is the only viable way through to get more SF Minimates, it's certainly alot more plausible i'd say than one petition that died 3 years ago. :)

Who's on board?

^just realised i sounded like Tom Cruises Scientology rant then :lol: lmfao.

Rich

Or are we to see newly made SF characters, smuggled in quietly through the recent MvC3 license? :biggrin:

The MvC3 license only covers the SF players in that game, and it looks like we're getting to all of them by Wave 3. Hopefully, we can get back to the SF license in the future, but not through MvC3.

The MvC3 license only covers the SF players in that game, and it looks like we're getting to all of them by Wave 3. Hopefully, we can get back to the SF license in the future, but not through MvC3.

All of them? Does that cover cameo appearances as well?

I have to ask. :lol:

Dan, Ken and M.Bison, according to the MvC3 Wiki have cameo appearances in the game, if it's not to be then it is what it is, i'd still enjoy getting other capcom and marvel characters from the line and the fact you've hinted at DST showing an interest in other videogame license is exciting, obviously i can't speak for everyone but it's exciting for me.

Especially when i am looking to add to my minimate roster with characters i dont yet have. :biggrin:

Rich

The MvC3 license only covers the SF players in that game, and it looks like we're getting to all of them by Wave 3.

All of them? Does that cover cameo appearances as well?

It does not cover cameo appearances. None of those characters are in the third wave we have planned.

Another shame is that the license does not cover UMvC3. Ryu has a new costume change in this version of the game where he has blonde hair and a red karate gi. That would have been a great way to get Ken.. even if he was called P2 Ryu or something.

There are a few more capcom characters (along with DC minimates) that I'll never stop wishing for. :) Ken, Blanka and the Darkstalkers werewolf. :confused: