UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man 3 is out Friday!

MINI_MYTE

I just got back from the midnight showing. I thought it was pretty dang good. I have read some bad reviews for it saying that it was boring except for the fight scenes. That is a bunch of bullcrap. Some people must have the attention span of a two year old if they thought that it was boring overall. I thought the pace of the movie was just fine. If you liked the first two you'll like this. Some comic nerds may be disappointed that the movie isn't comic accurate, but oh well. You can't please them all. I'd rate this as the second best out of the three movies. I thought the second wasn't quite as enjoyable as this one.

Caught it last night at the greatest theater in the country: Alamo Drafthouse. They had a velcro wall in the lobby before the show, and their south Austin location had a bunch of exotic spiders in the lobby. Preshow (when most theaters show the Coke ad slideshow) was an episode from the 60s series, Spider-Man trivia, clips from Japanese Spider-Man, a clip from a short-lived American live-action show, and some others. Awesome. They did a special menu. I got Bugs in a Web (which was crawfish with fetuccini in a garlic cream sauce; they cut up a portabella to look like a spider and put it in the middle) and Green Gobline lime milkshake (which was AWESOME). There's no movie experience like the Alamo Drafthouse.

As far as the movie itself, I really liked it. I loved how Eddie Brock was played, especially when he goes Venom. All the fights were super-fast-paced and exciting. The Spider-Man franchise is, for me, still the gold standard for comic and superhero movies.

Go see it! Even better, come to Austin and see it at the Drafthouse!

Who are u callin a comic book nerd :verymad:

jk but seriosly a lot of the movie isnt acurate

*did i spell seriosly correct*

Nope you didn't spell seriously correctly.

However you also screwed up 'calling', and 'accurate' so at least you are consistent.

Waits for the inevitable ' I dont get it' reply :whistling:;)

T.

I wore my Symbiote Spidey/Venom shirt at school today, in celebration. It only got noticed towards the end of last block. <_<

Glomit

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. I started a SPOILER tread in Arms. I thought it would be a place that we could discuss plot and potential. You are all invited, but it will be filled with SPOILERS so beware :). neo

WOW!!!!! how good was sand man!!!!!! if u havnt seen it go see it!!!! i was like a little kid in the cinema!!! i cnt wait 4 the next 1! i prey 4 the sinister 6!! and a bit more venom action!

I enjoyed it. I even took my Symbiote Spidey Minimate (Diamond Select) and kept placing it on my girls knee to get her laughing.. (like Seinfeld did with the Tweety Bird Pez dispenser in Seinfeld.. great schtick)

I know it's getting mixed reviews but I was entertained. I decided long ago I was going to let Comic based movies have their own interpretation without focusing on canon.. and it really lets me enjoy things more.

-V

WOW!!!!! how good was sand man!!!!!! if u havnt seen it go see it!!!! i was like a little kid in the cinema!!! i cnt wait 4 the next 1! i prey 4 the sinister 6!! and a bit more venom action!

I was like a child too

then again I am a child :teehee: THE MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!!

..... And TBT did you look up inevitable in the dictonary to try and be a good speller or did you guess

that and "I don't get it" :tongue:

also if they make another one they should make Dr. Connors become the lizard

any mistakes TBT

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. I started a SPOILER tread in Arms. I thought it would be a place that we could discuss plot and potential. You are all invited, but it will be filled with SPOILERS so beware :). neo

Spoiler filled discussion here.

Oh and Waldaf,

but seriosly a lot of the movie isnt acurate

it is actually fairly accurate with a few film liberties taken. See the spoiler thread for the discussion.

Great CGI

A great film

except the clicking and emo style haircut of Peter Parker in the middle.

I really liked the film. Shame

Harry had to die, hes an ace character and also when they teamed up.

Im never going into a sandpit again now. :( too scared.

Dont think they got venom right, looked a little, too human for my liking.

More of a comedy methinks too. J Jonah Jameson, very funny. BLOOD PRESSURE! ha

Stan Lee - nice cameo too.

MAKE SPIDEY 4 5 6 !!! Sinister 6, Kingpin and co, the spiderbots maybe. Clone sage maybe too? A team up with DD, FF, Avengers, Xmen ? thatb would be ace

anyone agree?

Saw it Today, It was incredibly over hyped :(. The movie itself felt way to too cramed with characters and the movie itself felt like if they got left overs of the first two films and put them together. Just with the Venom plot they could have had an extremely great movie, but it just felt too cramed, there was no real villain just about three little villain in one movie. The love triangle from the first film is back and it last around the 3/4 of the movie. Spider man when he is leaping and climbing looks too computerized and looks really awkward. The beginning of the movie it looks like everything is going good but then, the movie doesn't really go no where rom there. Out of the whole fight scenes non of them compare to the train fight of Spider man 2. They were just stale and the camera was moving it was hard to think about what was really going on, who was winning who was losing. Anyways i would give it a C out of a top rating of an A.

I wish i read the reviews before going to see the movie. :confused: