UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 14 (X3 Wave)

storm 1:08

I was just informed by my friendly neighborhood comic shop that wave 14 is due out to the west coast states this week. I thought it was the Ghost Rider wave at first so I was disappointed. But I'm happy now. Marvel soon and then DC later this month. It's hard to believe this is happening. :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but Eastern U.S. is getting BSG this week, so your lives should be on the sunny side!

So, do we have a confirmation on the shipping date of the X3 wave? (Not that I don't trust you, Storm, but it's always nice to hear it from two sources. Particularly since I've been burned once on this...)

Ah, but Eastern U.S. is getting BSG this week, so your lives should be on the sunny side!

So, do we have a confirmation on the shipping date of the X3 wave? (Not that I don't trust you, Storm, but it's always nice to hear it from two sources. Particularly since I've been burned once on this...)

No offense taken, Cappy. I'm the same too, though my comic shop has always been dead on so far. It's always nice to get more confirmation.

Wow good news thanks you for this info :biggrin:

Just got back from the comic shop and after opening them all, I'm actually kinda dissapointed. Theres absolutely no accsesories and all of them seem to have really oversized hair lol I dunno theyre just kinda dull. *sigh*

Alright just got back from the comic shop minus the Phoenix chase:

Storm-berrie:While I like the overall minimate, there are some pluses and minuses to the thing: The biggest minus being the oven mitts she has for gloves...wth? The cape is cool and the hair different, but the gloves just ruin a passable movie storm toy....

Colossus: Nothing special that we havent seen from colossus 1 and 2, although the color of his skin tries to match that stainless steel look from the movie. Here, as with astonishing, they really should have used the chest booster.

Beast: pure awesome as far as the head is concerned, the light blue hands stand out, even though one knows it's to match the light blue skin of the face(ie, no heavy fur like the rest of Beast. The jacket looks nice, especially since it's a new piece and not the New X-Men one.

Wolverine: The less said about the hair the better. it reminds me of a power ranger helmet. Other than that, it's Wolvie in his orange jumpsuit.

Jean Grey: Looking surprisingly heroic even in her powered down form, Jean's shell of hair works, truely isolating the character from everyone else. The skirt is seperate piece that goes inbetween legs and torso, so no splits while wearing this for Ms Grey. My only complaint is that it just looks too plain, they almost should have added details to the back of her hair to show her powers working, and perhaps made the skirt also look like it was getting whooshed around by tk.

Juggernaut: Ah ,here's where all the $ went: Juggy looks fantastic and his boots, harnass and helmet all show it. He definitely is very bulky, and pulls it off well despite the 2 inch limit. Up against him, Colossus looks like a shrimp.

As for the overall wave, feels like they changed the plastic, definitely on the hairpieces, less so on the mates themselves, but the mates "feel" different from previous waves. Feels more rubberly to me.

Disclaimer: I should note that I am a huge fan of the x-men movies and costumes and thus is may (and probably does) cloud my judgment.

I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the BSG mates for a long time. And since last months awesome DC wave 1, I have also been eagerly awaiting wave 2. So when I call my LCS and they said minimates were in I was overjoyed, when they said they were the x-men 3 mates I was… ehhhh.

But I have to say that this line is the best marvel minimates since… maybe the Fanatics Four wave or the Punisher/Blade wave. While that is not saying much considering the past 4 wave kind of blow especially when put next to the latest DC wave, these mates are different. There is NO reuse of parts. Even where there could have been (wolverine’s hands, beast’s jacket) nothing totally new molds.

I was getting very worried with minimates for sometime now. With the latest marvel and speed racers lines, AA was really starting to let me down. But everything to come out this year has been great and totally blown my mind. This line lives up to this new standard. True there are some drawbacks. Storm’s oven mitts, Colossus’ hair, Jean’s dress not allowing her feet to move (a problem through out minimate history), but these are minor when the set is looked at as a whole. And when put next to the astonish wave, well just see the picutres. These little guys and gals rock and totally blew way by expectations.