UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modern Series 1 is coming out Weds!!!

... I've read through the wikipedia summary of each episode of the new show, so I think I'm up to speed on who the characters are. ...

Dude, if you get the chance, do yourself a favor and watch the episodes! You won't regret it. It's an incredibly well done program, and even the worst BSG episodes are better than most of the rest of television. Well, maybe not "Black Market" from Season 2, but the rest are fantastic!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... and is the Cylon packed in with Six any different from the previously released Cylons?

I looked him over carefully and the Wave 1 Cylon seems identical to those released earlier.

And say... I ended paying a bit more for these than the DC 'Mates just released. Any one know what the suggested list price is on the 2-packs?

Oh... and is the Cylon packed in with Six any different from the previously released Cylons?

I looked him over carefully and the Wave 1 Cylon seems identical to those released earlier.

And say... I ended paying a bit more for these than the DC 'Mates just released. Any one know what the suggested list price is on the 2-packs?

DC - 8.99

BSG - 8.99

We've got two decent comic shops in town. One hasn't been ordering any minimates and the other says no BSG minimates came in today . I actually expected them last week, but was told their shop had a week delay . We are on the west coast, so I was at least hoping they'd be arriving here today. No joy! Starbuck (from db97's ebay auction - thanks! :thumbsup: ) needs some friends to mop-up all the cylons (1 case classic, 2 FYE/Suncoast 5 pack moderns) attacking my son's room! :P

Patiently waiting.... :blink:

Jawfin

We've got two decent comic shops in town. One hasn't been ordering any minimates :ohmy: and the other says no BSG minimates came in today :( . I actually expected them last week, but was told their shop had a week delay <_< . We are on the west coast, so I was at least hoping they'd be arriving here today. :yes: No joy! :ermm: Starbuck (from db97's ebay auction - thanks! :thumbsup: ) needs some friends to mop-up all the cylons (1 case classic, 2 FYE/Suncoast 5 pack moderns) attacking my son's room! :P

Patiently waiting.... :blink:

Jawfin

I know what you mean I called all the comic book stores in AZ that I know carry minimates and would be ordering bsg mates. nothing last week and i am guessing nothing this week. I was starting to go a little crazy but it is nice to know that some else is having the same problem

Hey did anyone get bgsmm this week?

Yep. Got my case today. They should be at Comic Shops nationwide now...

I've only opened up a Starbuck/Cain so far, but they're awesome. I love my little Starbuck...

My local CBS gave me quite a scare. I called them from work yesterday to see if my BSG case came in and if they had set it aside for me. Well my friend (who works there) said that he wasn't pricing up the toys that day and upon further investigation another clerk had priced them and put them out on the floor. He then told my that 3 packs had been sold.

At that point I'm having a S#!TTY day.

He told me they would order me another case and that I'd get it next week. Well after work I head in to the shop to pick up my comics and what was there waiting for me?

Drum Roll......

My BSG case! Yay! Turns out the owner was showing off a couple of the sets to a friend and never put them back. So I was able to get 'em all! What a day!

Congrats MiniMyte! I really miss my LCS(and the 10% discount and no shipping!). Due to terrible hours at my job, I never make it there anymore. Stuckakid has been my salvation though, and I should have mine in about a week.

Finally got the whole set! These are now my favorite mates to date. One thing I wanted to mention (sorry if I missed it said elsewhere) is Six's hair. All of them had hairpieces that needed to be "snapped" to move them. I don't know if it was wet paint or what but they all stuck at first. Once I got Six's (in the red dress) hair to move it slid all the way down her head so it is as long as the chase version. Now I can't wait for series 2. It's almost as bad as the wait between seasons.

Oh, and before I forget...who must I speak with about getting that Roslin/Zarek set out? Thanks to T. we know it wasn't picked up as an exclusive so I now must start a campaign for Madama Airlock to be released post haste!!! I have been very fortunate that I have gotten or am getting most of the characters from the different lines that I wanted and I feel like I'm on a roll!! Ask anyone that knows me, humoring me is the only way to get me to stop being annoying...lol.

Got my case yesterday, and I love them dearly, with one exception: Cain's hair! It sits way too high, and on her right side, there's a noticeable gap between her shoulder and where the hair intends to lay on her shoulder. It's a shame, because I really liked the Cain figure in the promo pics. Other than that, they're fantastic across the board.

Another thing I noticed on the Cylon Centurion packed with Six: it has white copyright text, while the earlier Cylons had black printing. Other than that, it looks identical to the Hands Centurion.

• 1 month later...