UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombie Minimates Confirmed With Pics

AdyCarter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda torn on these(cue "shock" from the rest of the members ;)) because I've never picked up a MZ book, so I know next to nothing about them.

On the plus side, with Wolverine's chest peice, I can update my custom Jim Lee Wolverine with those little shoulder pad thingies.

Oh, my poor aching wallet!

I forgive AA/DST for all the missteps they've taken in the past for this.

Something looks a little off on Wolverine though. Oh, I know! They made a new mask for him!

Edit: Looking back over the pictures, it looks like Cap and Wolverine's masks are like the Bat masks from the new DC mates, leaving one to wonder what lies beneath.

Also, anyone care to speculate who's legs those are above the zombies in that picture? It looks like Spider-Man's trademark webbed boots. Perhaps we'll be seeing Spidey 3 mates soon, or perhaps the next wave of Marvel minis/Target exclusives/etc.

Oh, my poor aching wallet!

I forgive AA/DST for all the missteps they've taken in the past for this.

Something looks a little off on Wolverine though. Oh, I know! They made a new mask for him!

Edit: Looking back over the pictures, it looks like Cap and Wolverine's masks are like the Bat masks from the new DC mates, leaving one to wonder what lies beneath.

Also, anyone care to speculate who's legs those are above the zombies in that picture? It looks like Spider-Man's trademark webbed boots. Perhaps we'll be seeing Spidey 3 mates soon, or perhaps the next wave of Marvel minis/Target exclusives/etc.

He's right... brace for SM3 mate pictures!

I just read issue 1 last night and it was a fun ride. If I didn't start reading the series yet, I wouldn't have been too excited for these figures. My only gripe is that Luke Cage is blocking Spider-Man's broken leg. Well, I don't know if the figure has a broken leg but I would like to see how AA attempted to pull it off, if they did. Where do I sign up? Let's hope for some Arthur Suydam covers for the display boxes!

Yuck. Really, I know I probably seem prissily effeminate, and I'm very much alone on this, but these are just plain nasty. Minimates are supposed to be cute (IMO). Does NO ONE think the entire concept of Marvel Zombies is disturbing and nasty? DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME. I AM NOT TRYING TO "EVANGELIZE" YOU PEOPLE AWAY FROM MZ. AND I DON'T THINK ANY LESSER OF THOSE OF YOU WHO DO READ IT. I just think it's a little HORRORfying, myself. And, my completist inside is yelling in protest because my mom will never let me get these. :P

I'm sheltered. Does it show? :lol:

And I wonder how the lucky blaggard is feeling that won that MINI_MYTE Ash custom! :D

I just read issue 1 last night and it was a fun ride. If I didn't start reading the series yet, I wouldn't have been too excited for these figures. My only gripe is that Luke Cage is blocking Spider-Man's broken leg. Well, I don't know if the figure has a broken leg but I would like to see how AA attempted to pull it off, if they did. Where do I sign up? Let's hope for some Arthur Suydam covers for the display boxes!

In theory, you could just remove the leg yourself. So it can be either way, you know?

Same, the only good thing I can see in these is maybe a normal new Wolverine using a chest piece like that.

I agree that minimates lean more towards the cute variety, but I'm still all for MZ minimates. I read the series and I loved it. I'm eagerly awaiting the March release of MZ vs. Army of Darkness. I don't view the series and its characters as horrifying so much as tragic. You see characters you have come to love over the years struggle against the zombie plague and you really feel for the characters. You really come to accept the nobility of Magneto, something that isn't often reflected upon in the mainstream universe, when he stands up against the zombie horde to save the last of humanity. You even feel tempted to shed a tear when he is ultimately ripped to shreds by the zombified heroes. And who couldn't feel a bit sorry for the heroes when they reflect on their changes and the loved ones they feasted upon (Jarvis, Aunt May, MJ). If anything, instead of a boxed set, I'd love to see this as an ongoing line of figures.

I hear you, Alpheon. This will probably be the first miniMate line I don't buy any of, just becuase of the subject. I don't mind them being made, glad to see more 'mates out there, but zombies just don't appeal to me.

Anyway, a box set sounds like a good guess, since that seems to be DST's new vehicle for collectors (and Marvel Zombies is definitely not a mainstream line). Here's a thought: convention exclusive? Seeing as how they're basically repaints...

AND -- I don't think those are Spider-Man's boots in the top of the frame. Looks like Iron Man's ringed ankle to me. :shrug:

[edit] Christ, who am I kidding? I'll buy, I'll buy! Because I'm a weak, simpering fool who craves mini hits of Hong Kong plastic [/edit]

Not to be negative or anything, It's just I'm not that interested in these. There kinda scary :yucky: , but I guess they can be used to make a seen where there arch nemesis kills them or some thing. :tongue:

These might give me nightmares, ...:::Halo11701:::...