UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Darktide did we buy it?

TBT!

Darktide, how well did it do and how many did we buy?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Buy Darktide?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you did buy it, did you buy more than one?

• None
    • Only 1
    • 2-5
    • More than 5? (yes JL I'm looking at you! )
  3. 3. Where did you buy it?

• Mass Market, Target... etc
    • Local comic store...
    • Online store.. AFX etc
    • Secondary Market.. Ebay etc..
  4. 4. Did you encourage any non-minimate collector to buyers into picking this up?

• Yes
    • No
    • Gave as a gift?

OK folks I'm curious... Exactly how did we respond to Dark Tide?

I know the movie was short (perfect for MiniJeffs attention span :P ) and the mini's were remakes but as an exercise in getting the minimates to mass market how did it fair and how much did we support it?

Mass Market is possibly a huge thing for minimates as the more people that buy them the more variety they can make.

Did the packaging grab you? - did it stand out amongs the brightly coloured toys?

Was it easy to find? - was is displayed nicely or thrown on one of the low shelves?

Should it have been elsewhere in the store?- would it have made sense to put half the stock with the Kids DVD's rather than jsut the toys?

Let me know how you think it did and what it was and wasn't doing right.

T.

I got one.

Just the one, sole reason I got that was to support them at mass market.

I seem to recall a lot of people been shocked (in a bad way) at the running time of the film, especially in light of its billing as a "mini-movie", as for been easy to find. No it was totally impossible as you couldnt buy it in the UK.

I see it's starting to appear on ebay now. I got mine thanks to Shane. I liked the set as a whole even though it was yet more re-makes. And like Ady and Tim I wanted to support AA at retail.

I got it in target. it's's funny, I asked the person in the movie section, she said they didn't have it yet, but she knew what it was! :blink: but even though she said it haddn't come yet, there it was in the toy section <_< good thing i didn't want to leve empty handed and tried to look for more mates, or i'd never find darktide! and because i just got into minamate, I didn't have any of the figures, so it rocked! the movie wasn't bad, as well, though a bit short. but, come on, 4 mates for $15!! that rocked!

I picked one up at Target. I have a similar story, too... when I first went there (like two weeks before I actually found it), I asked a worker in the electronics section and he said that they had it like a week earlier and had sold out. He suggested that I check back there (the kids' DVD section) in a week and see if a new shipment had come in. I came back 2 weeks later and sure enough, it was in the toy section. Go figure. It was indeed easy to find (as far as its placement on the shelf) I was somewhat surprised, actually. It was smack in the middle of the action figure isle (where the minis usually are, in that particular Target).

I almost bought another one at TRU tonight. I was pretty tempted, but I left empty-handed. I bought two at Target when I first saw them. Opened one and watched the movie. I didn't even unleash the figures... Normally, that would have been the first thing I did...

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are coming in the mail.

I just watched the movie on the interenet...

I noticed Juggernaut has a chest cover that makes him look bulkier. I like it!

For those of you who have opened yours:

Does the toy have the same chest cover?