UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Im after a customising tip

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, I am looking to create a chest decal in photoshop but part of it will need to match the skin tone on the head peice, i was just wondering if anybody has come up with a method of matching colours?

thanks

Try to get the color as close as you can in Photoshop, then print it out on plain paper so you don't waste decal/sticker paper. Compare it to the minimate. Make changes, rinse, repeat, until you get the right color. :)

I'll echo what Luke has said.i usually start with a picture of the part I'm trying to match, then use the eye dropper tool on various parts of the color ( due to lighting , shade, highlights, etc) then I would usually print out a few rows with multiple shades of the skin tone, and then just pick the closest match, or do some more test prints.

... I would usually print out a few rows with multiple shades of the skin tone, and then just pick the closest match, or do some more test prints.

That's what I'd recommend. Printing out multiple swatches at once will save you time, paper, and expensive toner. (Like having your own Pantone book.) Just make sure you identify your swatches for easy reference.

SST-300x267.jpg

(Like this .)

... I would usually print out a few rows with multiple shades of the skin tone, and then just pick the closest match, or do some more test prints.

That's what I'd recommend. Printing out multiple swatches at once will save you time, paper, and expensive toner. (Like having your own Pantone book.) Just make sure you identify your swatches for easy reference.

SST-300x267.jpg

(Like this .)

great idea!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I have another question for the world slowest series of customs. I have made a chest deco that I am going to print on some paper I brought from Luke's. I am using a best of Daredevil as the base but I tried removing the DD logo with some goo remover stuff but It didn't work. So Im wondering if I put the sticker over the DD will it still be visable or would I be best to use the blank back of the chest piece and just ignore the DD on the new back?

Hope that all makes sense :)