Jeff's Customs

Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty much! Leaving out characters from x-uneriverse (Gwen Stacy, doom, Donald Blake to name a few) along with some aoa stragglers like aurora & northstar and Polaris. I don't know why dst stopped short with that line. Granted xmen aren't the hot commodity now, but really, how many iron man's do we really need? Guess the same could be said about wolverine. (; still trying to fathom why we don't have blob and pyro.

I'm really glad I don't throw any of my minimate pieces away after cutting them up. I discovered that the 'junk' lady deathstrike claws along with the twisted base from the GB Theater ghost make for a great AOA Iceman template. :lol:

Waiting on a package to arrive in the mail and I should have the rest of the X-ternals posted here before the end of the week....along with Iceman.

Also had some luck up in Traverse City this weekend (visit Top of the Ninth if you're in the area some time) and was able to track down my missing three issues of Gambit and the X-ternals. Although I wish I had the gold foil trades rather than the collected AOA volumes. Flipped thru them in the store to see they broke up the stories between books- forcing you to buy all FOUR volumes at $25 a pop, then having to drag all of them along with you if you wanted to read the four issues in order, jumping from trade to trade. :yucky:

I'd love to get a Kindle Fire and have all my comics on there instead of the whole bagging/boarding/storing routine. I have 7 boxes full of comics I could just as easily have on one device. No fuss, no muss. :)

I know I'm getting off topic, but I have a friend who made the switch on his iPad and he loves it. True, trips to the comic store are few and far inbetween- but for me, when they don't carry minimates, why waste the gas?

The indivdual issues are broken up, because it keeps the overall story in chronological order.

I'd only read the Astonishing X-Men ones initially, and wondered why there were such plot gaps between issues. It's because other things are happening in the other titles.

If you're only interested in one title, then they're not for you, but that doesn't make them poorly assembled. The AoA trades are the best cross-title organizing that I've ever seen. You don't have to jump from trade to trade to read the ENTIRE story of The Age of Apocalypse, which you would have to do if they'd kept the four issue titles together.

Guido was fun to put together. It was the release of Nathan Spencer that prompted me to start building him. The beads on his head and on Richochet's jacket were a random find at Hobby Lobby- they are actually 3-D stickers (Mark Richards is the brand name) near the trinket aisle, perfect scale for 'mates. 125 for only $1! Definitely plan to use these again. Highly recommended for customs. Will use on AOA Jubilee's boots now that I think about it.

Guido's shoulder strap was from the Marvel Universe 3.75" Deadpool combined with the 90's Jim Lee Cyclops straps, visor, and belt. His flesh arm was a MVC3 Hulk with a painted Nimrod glove. The boots are from Jak.

Sunspot isn't one my favorite customs, but it'll do- cutting Magneto's helmet was difficult. I almost cut into my finger- something a buddy of mine did not too long ago and had to get 4 stitches -so I was extremely careful. Still, he fits in nice with the rest of the group. His hair was Mephisto, AOA Magneto boots, cyclops leg bands, atlantean braclets, and a 1st appearance dr. doom collar.

Thanks!!

I'm still on the fence if I want to keep his all white hands. I started off doing just a highlight, then got greedy with it and next thing I know the entire thing is white. D'OH!

I got a little sloppy on the hair too- I'm being too critical I think. Probably go back and clean it up with blue again. I LOVE the way the pieces fit together here (Lady Deathstrike, GB Theater Ghost) just not 100% sold on my rushed paint job. Quicksilver took longer than I thought- printing the decals, cutting, gluing in place and then touch-up paint.

Have the decals made for Dazzler, just need to sculpt the hood hair and this team will be complete......oh yeah, almost forgot Exodus. He's 90% complete.

Has anyone tackled AOA Bishop? He's the one character I've been avoiding simply because I don't have the parts. I was thinking his 90's head along with the Battlestar Cavin cloak...

:confused:

On a happier note, I stumbled across parts for X-Man.

:thumbsup: