UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate Avengers 2 minimate????????

rx78jj

I've heard that the Ultimate Avengers 2 Movie is coming out August 8. And My girlfreind works at Toys R Us and she told me that they already got them in. The surprise to me was that she told me that they came with minimates. There are two to buy. One is Captain America and the other is Iron Man. They each come seperatly. So you can chose to buy either or. Now I'm sorry if this is old news or if I'm posting this in the wrong area. But I'm exited. Now I dont know if there just reissues of the older figures or that they are different.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow so soon!

Yep Adam said this was happening... look for re-released minimates turning up allover the place, things like packaed with Marvel Kids T-shirts etc... they are really trying to push the brand in as many places as possible!

T.

Crap! If they're repaints, I'll have to buy that damn movie... I had no wish to do so after the horrible first movie.

Well after reading the Ultimates comic books and after seeing the movie i was a little disappointed. But then the movie was aimed more towards the general public. If you see it that way it makes sense. But i will buy the second movie. I kinda liked the first one two, the only gripe i had with it though was that the animation was a little below par in my opinion.

I kinda liked the first one two, the only gripe i had with it though was that the animation was a little below par in my opinion.

That was my only complaint as well. Hopefully it will be improved in the sequel, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I never watched it cos it never came out on Region 2.

Anyway, I have to say this is great news, and some actual SMART MARKETING for once. Great job whoever thought of this kind of cross promotion, it's exactly what's needed.

Well I talked to my girlfreind and she said that they looked the same. She did'nt notice any differences. I trust her cus she's into minimates too. But I'm kinda hoping that they are a little different like the ones that came out in the Darktide movie. At least with a different face. But so far they look like reissues. Here's hoping.

good news for all our US collectors, but as the first one didn't come out here in the UK, i doubt we'll see this one either.

:(

Boo Hiss

Ultimate Cap would be so easy to do ... and it is also VERY desirable.

I have a feeling it is just going to be a straight reissue, but there is still a shred of hope that it's a simple repaint.

* crosses fingers until we see pics *

Ultimate Cap would be so easy to do ... and it is also VERY desirable.

I have a feeling it is just going to be a straight reissue, but there is still a shred of hope that it's a simple repaint.

* crosses fingers until we see pics *

Totally agree. Would it be so tough to do something other than Cap & BD Cap? If you're going to reuse the mold and feel that it's a character that'll sell and sell and sell, why not do variations on the costume, such as Ultimate Cap or US Agent? Heck, I'd even buy an Invaders Cap with his original shield.

200px-Captainamerica1.jpg

Now, I wouldn't go too far with this - there are only so many Cap variants possible. As an example, a Heroes Reborn Liefield Cap with man-boobs :blink: would be one Cap too many. :D

150px-Liefeld_captain_america.jpg

The new Wave 12 Cap is IMO a hope skip away from being Ultimate, just slight paint apps. Not to mention I'd definately order Ultimate Avengers 2 if he was a early sneak peak of Wave 12...

Wow that pic of Cap is scary..... His chest is bigger than his shield..!!

As for what we're getting with the avengers set... my (semi-informed) guess is either face repaints or more likely a total reuse of the existing figures.

It obvious that this one isn't aimed at making us happy but to get new folks on board the minimate bandwagon.

T.