UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Bridge of the Enterprise

OK folks, I know it's a bit thread necro but I need one of these bridge sets, Does anyone have one they got with good intentions and never built?

I have plans for this which may or may not go beyond simplying glueing and painting it!

T.

It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again! <_<

Too old?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks, I know it's a bit thread necro but I need one of these bridge sets, Does anyone have one they got with good intentions and never built?

I have plans for this which may or may not go beyond simplying glueing and painting it!

T.

I bought this with good intentions last night & I'll be sending it to you this week. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=380088262020

Please glue it then paint it & then shove it up your arse :tongue:

It will perhaps help deal with that Klingon problem around Uranus :biggrin:

Merry Christmas Timbo, all the best, Rob.

• 4 months later...

Not to drudge up an old thread, but I've recently finished building my bridge model, and thought I'd share mine too.

MiniTrekBridge.jpg

MiniTrekCrew.jpg

I only bought the one kit so it doesn't go all the way around, but I decided to construct mine like the TV set to show the port side of the bridge like we always saw on screen. It only took a slight bit of modifying, but it was worth it. I built mine on a piece of black board to fill in for the missing floor and to add stability.

This is deffinatley a must for Star Trek Minimates enthusiasts, because it gives the figures an excellent display for your shelf.

Edited by Cowblaster

I totally misread the title of this thread and was wondering what the heck the Bride of the Enterprise was.

But on topic, I have this model kit at home, with the lovely plastic wrap still on it and everything. I pretty much shifted into lazy bastard mode for a while when it came to doing anything but buying Minimates. I've managed to shake off most of the cobwebs with the MMHQ site, but my customizing is still on hold. I really need to get my ass in gear with Fujis Charitymates thing, else he neglects to give me the antidote. Maybe I'll work this model in after that.

Oh, and nice work Cowblaster, if that is your real name.

• 3 years later...

I've bought both the AMT Bridge model, and the Shuttle Craft, and both are perfect scale. I haven't finished putting them completely together, but I have played around putting my Minimates in the seats of the shuttle and so forth, and for those wondering, it's a perfect fit. I just need to buy a 2nd AMT bridge so I can finish off the walls all the way around (not a big fan of the open side, but maybe my wall filler will be removable for photo's sake).

Also for those interested in having a diorama for the Motion Picture Minimates (I know there's only two, but I've been swapping parts with extra Deckers to make more officers), there was a "Star Trek The Motion Picture, U.S.S. Enterprise Bridge Punch-Out Book" that came out in the 70's that's perfect scale with Minimates as well. I own the book myself (and it can be found on Amazon and Ebay for those brave enough), but haven't had the courage to punch out the parts and put them together yet. The only reason I know the scale is correct is because there was a guy on eBay a year or two back that was using it to display loose Minimates for sale. Here's some pics of the bridge and the book I found...

DSC_1012-1.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg