Jeff's Customs

Jeff

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea Spider-Hulk! He's the one variant Diamond should make, now that we have the bulky Hulk body. And they should use your customs as a guide.

Thanks a lot! :blush:

I wasn't sure how to handle the head until I spotted the spidey/goblin two pack on my desk- just slid the Spidey mask over Hulks head and made a decal for the mouth. It was messy to put together with the curved pieces on the minimate and the flat paper, but I found the more I played with it, the more tattered and ripped it became.

Plus it was nice that my TRU actually had Hulks to spare. Lately though.... :down:

I based it on the Humberto Ramos art- huge eyes, wings, and cape. Moded two Thor helmets together. Didn't want to add the studs to his chest as it was the first spidey mate I bought. Nothing is glued on.

I'll finish up storm first then add her and the others to my aoa display on my desk.

let's see that group shot!!

I'll finish up storm first then add her and the others to my aoa display on my desk.

let's see that group shot!!

I know. They dusted our office at work so I had to condense everything in my cabinets. It's coming....

In case anyone is looking for a Nightcrawler (from the Betsy Braddock pack) I have an extra for trade... I'm post #58 in the want/haves if you want to PM me.

Very nice work, Jeff! I'm a huge AoA fan & i think your customs really do the AoA justice. Especially that Angel.

It was my favorite storyline from the 90's and since I'm such a fan of 'what if' it was nice to see the entire story get carried over into all the X-books- not just one stand alone issue. Joe Mad's art really nailed it for me. I only wish he would have done more issues.

Gambit and Jubilee are up next followed by Colossus. Dazzler is in the works too. Any other AOA suggestions? I'm going to need a bigger display case. :biggrin:

Looks great Jeff!! Very jealous. I'm so tempted to get back into customizing (if I only had the time). My suggestion is to start tackling the bad guys. Since the Four Horsemen are getting inducted into the WWE hall of fame this weekend you should get Apoc's Four Horsemen going...Rasputin and Abyss are all you need. I had done both yrs ago as commissions. Wish I had been smart enough to make multiples.

Keep up the great work!

What was your recipe ?

For Rasputin I just painted a minimate and sculpted his headset. I didn't bother with his hoses (I think he has them right?). For Abyss I painted a minimate and sculpted his hair and then used black wire for his stretched out arms. I'll pm you a link to my customs thread rather than post it here...it's way old from 2006 lol.

Here's my Gambit (minus belt, as it's drying):

post-3472-0-35084200-1333652848_thumb.jp

Recipe?

Hair- MVC3 Ryu

Head- Danger Room Wolverine

Cape- Mole Man

Torso/Arms- Jak

Gloves- new mutant (?)

Boots- Omega Red

Chest strap- not sure. Purse strap from random minimate