UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU coupons

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Woo! Great news!

... now to call TRU.com customer service and try to apply it since I just picked up series 17 before seeing this. Ulp!

I could... if I wanted to cancel my order, wait 3-5 bizniss days for the 1st charge to cancel and re-order the items.

With TRU's track record of futzing things up, I think I'll just pay the full price and avoid a headache.

• 3 weeks later...

The only time I have been required to supply my rewards number is when I used a coupon mailed directly to me. These generic coupons can be used by anyone and I get them often. I just figured most people did. They tend to expire with a week or two, but more usually follow.

• 3 months later...

Here we go. Another 20% off.

I hate TRU has rendered this coupon all but worthless to me by excluding items marked “Hot Prices”, and then proceeds to mark every Monster High doll and Lego Movie set as “Hot Prices” without offering a discount (or at the very least charging the same prices Wal-Mart and Target do, which could be a discount for TRU, but for a smart shopper who knows if it doesn’t have that little silver R it’s cheaper at Target “the same price as everyone else” isn’t really a discount)

I see TRU’s logic in that this will probably get someone to buy an item I want less just to use the coupon AND buy a full priced high demand item while they’re there since they don’t go to TRU everyday, or maybe they don’t realize the coupon won’t work will pick up the item and when the clerk says “this coupon won’t work, this item is already discounted” hope the poor shmuck says “OH COOL! HERE MONEY!!!” and buys it anyway.

So yeah I get WHY TRU is doing that, but it’s still a dick thing to do.

• 4 weeks later...