UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

To glue, or not to glue?

Alright, I have a question for you collector's. When a mate is loose or something falls off easily do you glue it? My buddy glues every foot hand and headpiece (that doesn't come with a switchout). I have glued things here and there that basically will never be moved, for instance boots that have the square leg socket that will never move I will glue, well if they fall off. What do you think?

• 2 months later...

Definitely poster tack for me, as well. It holds extremely well, and is still easy enough to remove should you decide later that you'd like to be able to remove the parts.

*EDIT* Just saw how old the last post was. Oopsies!

Edited by minivenom

Right on, I was just curious how collectors feel about having stuff glued. Every toy I collect I always keep a potential of selling in the back of my head. I was just wondering how big of a "turn off" certain glue pieces would be.

If you think you're going to sell it, don't glue it. Or be real upfront about what you modified. No one likes "surprises" in there purchases. If I knew beforehand for instance that Sue Storm's hair was glued permenantly on from the getgo of considering buying it from you, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Colossus' boots on the other hand... I don't know.