UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help from Deadpool fans?

Shanester

My son discovered a fascination with Deadpool after attending Wizard New Orleans this weekend. I am personally not very familiar with him or his backstory, so I need some help. Can anyone recommend a good TPB that might give a good starting point for a budding young DP fan? It need not be kid-rated, MAX line is fine as my boy is 14 and knows the ways of the world. The importance lies in getting to know the character from the beginning. Thanks folks.

Well, if you want to go "from the beginning," then you will be wading into some Liefeld territory. So, it might be best to engage in revisionist history and tell him he first appeared in a story written (and preferably, drawn) by someone with talent.

The first 2 miniseries that were published back in the '90's were pretty good, but the real fleshing out of the character came with the first on-going series.

Start here and here

Edit: I didn't realize there were so many volumes of Deadpool Classic out already. Three and Four are available now, and Five is up for pre-order.

Edited by youbastards

Well, if you want to go "from the beginning," then you will be wading into some Liefeld territory. So, it might be best to engage in revisionist history and tell him he first appeared in a story written (and preferably, drawn) by someone with talent.

Ouch. He was at the show and never really drew a large crowd. It surprised me as I thought fan boys loved him.

Thanks youbastards, I'll order these for him.

I liked his(Liefield) artwork, but I think his attitude in the past still haunts him a bit still Shane. I think people forget he was just a kid, who got damn lucky and let his fame go to his head. He drawn a pretty good crowd up here and at SDCC. Still, I think it is like anyone who is constantly on a con circuit. You aren't going to draw the crowds every time. Glad to see you are passing on the torch to your son Shane ;)