UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thoughts of old men dancing willy nilly onstage now permeate my thoughts...

I guess I should have done this in the first place, hi y'all. My name is Michael, I live in Western Michigan, and I not so secretly have a crush on Storm, and Black Panther is pissed (not to mention my wife). I have to be honest, I just recently jumped on the minimates bandwagon, after seeing the new Majik/Warlock pack at TRU and finally just not caring about the price. I had looked at these packs a bunch of times, but it wasn't until I opened the pack and saw how freaking cool these things are that I fell in love.

I'm now kicking myself for all the old school packs my TRU had that I passed up, just because I was unsure of what I was getting (Mysterio was hanging on the shelf next to Silver Surfer/Swordsman about a month ago). Now I'm obsessed with these guys, and driving long distances to find a comic shop that carries sets that have been warming their shelves for ages (not having much luck though.

I'm a photography student, and I'm eventually going to be a teacher, I shoot with a professional studio setup, and just discovered the love of toy photography (I don't know if there's a place to post my work but...) I'm married and minimates are the first toy that my wife wholeheartedly endorses. She has always been a collector of anything small so this is a perfect fit. I've been basically been sticking to minimates as a collection as of late, because the size is easy enough to display without filling up to many rooms, but I also really want the Neca TMNT toys (although I'm not willing to shell out the customary 250 for a set.) I'm also a big Jack Kirby fan and have picked up most of the DC New Gods Kirby set (if you have a local AJ wright, be on the lookout for these guys, I picked mine up for 3.00 a figure tax included).

I love Longboarding in the summer, keeping warm in the winter, and I've recently started sculpting, counterfeit Kaws figures out of super sculpey. Hope your having a great day, take it easy.

Hey there,

Welcome to the boards.

I'm a bit of a photography fan myself, although just an amature shutterbug.

I came a little late to the MiniMate game too. I found he Haves/Wants threads are a great way to catch up on figures you're missing from previous waves!

Trades - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=7272

Buy/Sell - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=9011

Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Ah - way ahead of me. I see you laready have a post in the Haves/Wants threads. Peachy B)

Edited by Nessex

Welcome to the group. I think you will find we all share your addiction and were probably swept into it by similar means (that damned Hulk minimate was my undoing). Kick your shoes off and make yourself at home.

Welcome to the 'verse and your new addiction!

I'm really looking forward to see your pictures and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you fell there's no place to put them - we already have a generell pic thread and a wacky pic thread and also a picture-project by a sinlge member - open up your own thread, where you show off your work.

And when you mentioned sculpting, I can recommand our fine customer section here, where some people create some awesome stuff.

Welcome on board!

Something else: since when did T42 stop to ask his movie-newbie-questions?

welcome welcome.

I never even knew minimates existed until the Punisher/Jigsaw pack. Had to have it as Punisher was my favorite growing up. SHould have never bought him though....now I cant stop. :blink::buttrock:

Punisher has always been a favorite of mine, I think what happens to us is we put off buying the minis until that fateful day we find a figure we just can't resist. After we buy said figure we realised the coolness we had been missing and launch head first into a world of tiny plastic people (and super people). Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Glad to know I'm amongst fellow addicts. I look at it this way, if people spend upwards of 50 dollars a day on coke, heroin, and crack habits... If I spend a couple hundred playing catch up and then collect the regulars, I'm not going to go to the poor house (at least that's the logic I used to explain my new fetish to my wife) They can't make enough minimates to make me lose an apartment, or not be able to eat for a week, 3A figs, and Sideshow collectables, that's a different ballgame. I can only drool over that stuff, because I know if I buy one, I'll be getting into the big leagues, and I'm fine just staying mini.

Glad to have you join up in the madness! ;)

I was something of a miniatures enthusiast myself, I was originally a Stikfas collector when I discovered Minimate Headquarters, which was pretty much my first taste of all things Minimate. Just don't let their small size fool you, they can drain your wallet something fierce!