UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG question

So here's a question. I've got the first 4 waves of BSG, MOSC. I got them for maybe $10 a set. With the price of minimates of all kinds going through the roof, and the TRU BSG mates getting more expensive, should I hang onto my first 4 waves in hopes that they increase in price sometime soon? Or saw 'screw it' and use them as custom/trade fodder?

Firstly the TRU BSGs are some of the nicest 'mates around & IMO are far superior in most ways to the original waves & grace any collection . Secondly I don't really think that BSG 'mates lend themselves too well to customising but I'm hardly an expert ! Whether I,personally,think the first 4 BSG Minimate Waves will go up in value I would have to say that the answer would be no! A factor that may make BSG desirable to the new folks is the almost generic militia styled pilots ....give them some soldiers helmets & you're probably in business with a future-army. Then of course we have the Cylons which are an entirely different ball-game because they really do equate to 'bad guys' who look fantastic in almost any situation with any other Minimate line . Try posing Cylons with a few Avengers ,X-Men,Halo , damn-anything .......& they look menacing & somehow right. I can only think of 'Daleks' as being any sort of real rival for 'generic-menace' characters & we'll never have those :(

So......Cylons are.....& always have been.... my tip for the future with the Suncoast 5 pack Cylon packs being 'Bhm's all-time Minimate sleeper set' . Love 'em.

I agree with BHM about the 2 TRU waves of BSG, for mainly 'civilian-looking' 'mates, those are some of the best mates made yet. I am constantly using parts from those 2 waves for my customs. Oh, and don't believe the 'buy-it-now' prices for complete sets of these on eBay, I just found a complete set of TRU Series 2 at retail for $5 a pack.

Series 1 is definitely more difficult to track down, but packs of these are still floating around out there.

The original 4 waves on the other hand... :yucky:

Other than wave 1 being a little more difficult to track down as a complete set than the other 3 waves, I think any secondary market 'value' of these has peaked. In the instance of Wave 4, you can still get an entire wave with variant for $10.

I just didn't have the heart to say :blush: 27 God cases of them left & IMO that's because there are no frakking Cylons in that wave :rolleyes:

The 'Baltar' can be the basis of a QC Tennant Who so the wave is worth getting just for that figure.

Edited by buttheadsmate