UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help with the Headsman...

I love Spider-Man comics... and one series that I especially have a soft place for in my heart is the 1990's title "Untold Tales of Spider-Man". It's only been collected partially in tpb and is forever at the top of my "I wish they'd collect it completely as a Marvel Omnibus" list. But I digress...

I've been trying to put together a Quick Custom of the guy but am having some trouble.

Here's a link with a picture:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/headsman.htm

The problem I'm having is with the backpack that he wears which powers his electric axe. I've been thinking about just using a Cap-shield holder and then gluing something cylinder-ish over it like is in the comic (which I can't find any pictures of online, sadly to show here).

Here's what I've got so far:

Psylock's purple hood

Dark Magneto's face (when I get one)

Shirtless Wolverine torso and arms

Shocker boots

But what part could I use for the belt with the skirt part?

Any ideas?

didnt the Raven chick from the DC line have some sort of long loin cloth type of thing in a purple-ish color?

yeah if your willing to apply a little paint I would use Mephistos loin piece

Edited by BannersID

I don't mind if the studs aren't there, but the Mephisto piece would really look good.

Also, Raven does have one but it's in blue. I'd have to add some blue in someplace to make it a secondary color but that wouldn't be too problematic.

Also, the 1st appearance Cable has some arm gauntlet's that'd look perfecto on him.

ive also been wanting to make this character for ages :D ill upload a pic of his back thing(its his modern costume but close enough) i think maybe a GB2 slime pack might work?

edit: here ya go

post-1784-1293508481_thumb.jpg

Edited by robomate

First off, GREAT book... wonderful scripting by Kurt Busiek, great art by Pat Oliffe... one of my favorites from that period. Heck, some months it was the only Marvel book worth reading.

Looking at that picture, the first thing I thought of was "X-Men 3 Juggernaut". Take a look at the Database here. Boots, gauntlets, belt... maybe even that chest thing would work pretty well (you might want to modify it a bit). Axe from Ares, naturally. I'd suggest cutting the sash off Mephisto, painting it purple, and superglueing it to that Juggernaut belt. Good luck!

The thing about it is, I don't paint. I'm terrible at it and just end up ruining the mates I try to.

Looking over my collection I notice that Menace has a dark purple-ish belt piece with fabric, so I may go with that. Problem is it doesn't match the hood, so I'll have to fill the figure out with pieces from Betsy Braddock (to match the hood) and Menace (to match the belt). Still, it'll give me something to do.

Thanks for your ideas, everyone!

And yeah, hellpop, it was a fantastic book. I'm about to dig the full run of issues out of my closet and re-read them again.

So far:

Betsy Braddock hood

Moon Knight head

Cap thru the Ages dark brown shield harness

Weapon X (naked) Wolverine chest and arms

matching hands

Menace belt

Menace legs

Menace feet

Ares ax

Ares black wristbands

1st Appearance Cable wristbands (brown with silver pegs on 'em)

Iron Man 2 Whiplash bicep bands

I put the armbands on in this order: Cable, Ares, Whiplash and found them to be the most pleasing.

I've also got a piece of proton pack cord from a spare Ghostbuster that I'll be gluing to the Ares ax in the hole on the side. Have to fiddle with the shield harness and make a hole for the other side to glue into.

Again, this is with no paint... but I'm pretty pleased with what I've put together so far tonight.

So far:

Betsy Braddock hood

Moon Knight head

Cap thru the Ages dark brown shield harness

Weapon X (naked) Wolverine chest and arms

matching hands

Menace belt

Menace legs

Menace feet

Ares ax

Ares black wristbands

1st Appearance Cable wristbands (brown with silver pegs on 'em)

Iron Man 2 Whiplash bicep bands

I put the armbands on in this order: Cable, Ares, Whiplash and found them to be the most pleasing.

I've also got a piece of proton pack cord from a spare Ghostbuster that I'll be gluing to the Ares ax in the hole on the side. Have to fiddle with the shield harness and make a hole for the other side to glue into.

Again, this is with no paint... but I'm pretty pleased with what I've put together so far tonight.

thanks for the recipe! im using a variation of this with some paint and possibly a sculpted ax to make mine :D sadly i realized im out of brown paint and my brush is in no shape to be used <_< so him, paladin and the updates im making to my mr fear and ghost custom have to be put on hold :P

so after an all night session of painting, dc universe online and about 5 bowls of popcorn ive finished painting all the purple on my headsman....sadly its too dark to take pics, so ill wait till i get my brown paint to finish him off and post pics hopefully tonight :D