UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 33 question

Polarboy

:D I just got this series today (cause I'm such a trend setting forward thinking kind of guy)

Anyway I only wanted the variant figure but it ended up cheaper buying the entire wave (Thanks to whom ever suggested that on the board). Anyway how cool are these guys? I have been happily swapping peices between them all afternoon (Am I the only one who does this?). So to my question in the rachel, sentinal pack what is the T shaped peice for? also where is the tiny fire peice supposed to go?

Since I have gone to the trouble of writing this I might as well ask about the avengers box set as well. What is Iron mans accesory supposed to be?. Which outfit does Hanks bare arms go with?. Also which outfit do the wasp's red hands go with?

Thanks

In the Sentinel pack if your talking about the purple thing with the two yellow dots on it is a blaster for the Sentinel. It was originally used in the DC Cyborg pack as his Sonic Blaster.

The Avengers The accessory for Iron Man is a sledgehammer that he originally could use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man%27s_...lden_Avenger.29

According to MMDB the bare arms are for Iron Man for when you take off the helmet and chest block and the red hands are for wasp with slip over mask with W no skirt and no V chest piece. (Really when it comes to Wasp she has so many costumes any combo would work) :)

Oh another thing where is that picture of Rachal on the back of the package from? does anybody have a scan of the full image?

marvel_rachelgrey_bust_comiccover.jpg

Rachel gained the tattoo after on the 'End of Greys' storyline.

After the (most recent) death of her mother Jean, Rachel changed her name from Summers to Grey to honour her mother. She decided to get to know Jeans side of the family better via a family reunion.

The reunion was crashed by a Shi'ar death squad whose sole purpose was to kill every living relative of Jean Grey, reasoning that 2 Greys had been host to the Phoenix Force & destroying the family line would stop anything like the Dark

Phoenix saga from ever happening again.

After the systematic murder of every living relative blood Jean & Rachel shared, the death squad marked Rachel with the tattoo seen above to indicate that she is a potential carrier of the Phoenix force. I think they can use it to track her & it's meant to be a symbol for other 'phoenix hunters' to identify her.

although why they tattooed her rather than just killing her is beyond me. I guess they thought it would be poetic, given she was tattooed as a younger woman to identify her as a hunter. Now she's tattooed to identify her as the hunted!

although why they tattooed her rather than just killing her is beyond me. I guess they thought it would be poetic, given she was tattooed as a younger woman to identify her as a hunter. Now she's tattooed to identify her as the hunted!

I always figured it was because she was from the future, and the Shi'ar didn't want to risk futzing with the time stream if they kill her or something.

Fortunately they do follow up on this story thread (sort of) in War Of Kings, where

Rachel finally retaliates against the same death squad that killed the Greys, when they just so happened to be on the same side as that official opposing Lilandra's return to power

a
Fortunately they do follow up on this story thread (sort of) in War Of Kings, where

Rachel finally retaliates against the same death squad that killed the Greys, when they just so happened to be on the same side as that official opposing Lilandra's return to power

I think i did read some of this . . . they started showing her with her original Hound tattoos when she used her power, didn't they?

And her Phoenix force is now blue rather than Fire-coloured?

Admittedly my memory might be a little fuzzy and I haven't read either of the X-Men series (Rise & Fall of the Shi'ar Empire (dang that's a long title) and Kingbreaker) leading up to WoK yet, but yeah, they did show her with the hound tattoos and blue aura for a while.

At least that was up to around midway through the WoK event, when somehow

right in the middle of a battle both Rachel and Korvus lost their powers linked to the Phoenix Force, and the only clue provided as to why that happened involved Rachel saying "Mom, please, not now" under her breath or something to that effect

:confused:

Yeah, that part confused the hell out of me too. Methinks it might have something to do with

Hope Summers and/or the events following Messiah War

?

also where is the tiny fire peice supposed to go?

I have often wondered about this myself. I figured it was a rocket effect for the t-shaped piece, but found it... lacking.

It seems to me that the Sentinels were able to shoot their hands as projectiles or in order to grab mutants. I assumed that the fire piece, being the same mold as Beast's "wrists" were provided to give the impression that the Sentinel was shooting its hand.

That is correct.

Take the hand off, put the fire blast on, put the hand on the end of the fire blast.

Thanks to everybody who has replied in this post. I also really like that picture posted. I was actually after the excalibur rachael picture but the one posted is really nice too and I was totally unclear about what I want ed.

Thanks to everybody who has replied in this post. I also really like that picture posted. I was actually after the excalibur rachael picture but the one posted is really nice too and I was totally unclear about what I want ed.

Sorry - i misunderstood bro.

Here you go :)

n6s7yx.png

1a4638da3a6404408803c12135312091.jpg