UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers Classics...

AdyCarter

*cracks knuckles*

What do ya wana know my friend? The resident Transfan is here to help.

Thus far I have Megatrona nd Bumblbee, but have olny opened Megs. I hope to have them all be the end of the month.

I can tell you, these are the best things ever. They are purely G1 ideas with modern technology. I liked the first couble of alts, but they weren't my thing. These though... Man, they're awesome.

They have a few minor flaws. They've taken liberties with the concepts, so they aren't 100% the same, but the idea and fell is there. My friend has HotRod, and I can tell you, I love him. The little flame missile gets on my nerves, but that's just me. The transformation is nice, the articulation is beautiful.

Heck, the first thing I did was make Megstron kill all the other toys. And he can do it too. He can actually move! Take that G1! ;)

Seriously, for $10 you can not go wrong. And best of all, TRU is having a sale where you get $15 worth of TFs and you get a $7 one free. So hey, win win. (Pick Shortround!) What's the worst that can happen?

I just got most of the Transformers classics. All of them except for Megatron and Optimus. Havent opened them yet but they look bad ass. Ohh and has anyone heard or bought the new Masterpiece Optimus. I saw it today in Toys R Us. I wanted to get it but I had already bought the japanese reissue that comes with the trailer. Good thing though cus the american Optimus isnt made up of the metal that the japanese or even the one they released hear a few years ago. Weird.

Ohh and has anyone heard or bought the new Masterpiece Optimus. I saw it today in Toys R Us. I wanted to get it but I had already bought the japanese reissue that comes with the trailer.

same here man, i also got my hands on the masterpiece starscream, he is pretty, pretty, pretty damn cool. still confused about his color scheme though

They decided to go with that color cus they wanted a truer color scheme when it was in jet mode. Cus they felt bright colors would'nt work too well when they are trying to go more realistic. Looks fine to me though. I'll be getting that one soon. :lol:

Man, I'm sorry. I know he's growing on a lot of people but I don't like MP03. He's not Starscream. I just don't like the direction Mr superstar took with it.

And yeah, the new DVD Prime is totally plastic. I wish he was cheaper. He'd make great kitbash fodder! *drools*

Which one, the masterpiece released here a few years ago or the old one from 1985. I like the Japanese one only cus he has longer smokestacks and I the one released here a few years ago had that stupid battle damage painted on looked, well........ stupid. I hope the one I recieve in the mail looks cool and if that trailer is metal.....ohh baby will that be badass!!!!! :lol:

The new one that's the "DVD" Prime. I saw it at Wal-Mart the other day, and it just looks like plastic. I want to say it was around $70 at Wal-Mart, and TRU had it at $85... Sure, it's got a talking base, but Prime himself just doesn't look well made.

Now the one with the Trailer, that's cool... I'd like to see some pics when you get yours, please...

Who here knows were the two pack of the flatnose prime and megatron tank from TF Classics are gonna be. Are they exclusives, if so from were?

Rodimus, Bumblebee, Jetfire and Grimlock MUST be added to my TF collection...Oh and Constructicon Devastator will be added although a G1 recolour of Bruticus Maximus would have been more than welcome :P

Overall for what i've seen so far though, this looks to be a good TF line...

Man, I'm sorry. I know he's growing on a lot of people but I don't like MP03. He's not Starscream. I just don't like the direction Mr superstar took with it.

I agree with you there as it goes. i think for me it's the whole colour thing that's killed it...In my opinion it was a nice idea in theory but in practice it's totally gone down the drain...

They are nice, but only Jetfire will get my wallet open, he combines perfectly IMO both cartoon Skyfire look with Macross VF-1 toy look.

More interested in Alternators truth be told though.

They are not making alternators anymore. Since When? I know the next series has rumble and ravage, but no more? :(

Which is now dead. ;)

Well... not dead, it's just...uh... resting. They are actually claiming that.

After the movie bombs, they'll bring it back in a vain attempt to try and keep the TF fans sweet IMO :)

Which is now dead. ;)

Well... not dead, it's just...uh... resting. They are actually claiming that.

After the movie bombs, they'll bring it back in a vain attempt to try and keep the TF fans sweet IMO :)

Yeah, prolly. Rumble and Ravage II are the last of the Alts. IF they bring the line back, it'll be late 08/09 soemtime. IF. And since Tomy Takara isn't doing Transformers any more at all...

Ahhh, I joined only a few days ago, and already I've found the Transformers thread! I'm thrilled about the new Classic Deluxe line. They're the first Transformers I'm getting since I was a kid!

Right now, hasbrotoyshop.com has Starscream and Astrotrain in stock for 10 bucks each (do a search for 'Transformers'). I've got them ordered, and I have Bumblebee & Mirage waiting for me in a box at work, just haven't had time to rip into them.

I plan on getting all the pre-movie G1 characters. Hot Rod(imus) looks like a great figure, but I've hated his character, and all the other movie characters, since back in the day.

Check out tformers.com for a great database on upcoming Classics, including more jets and a certain purple & green gestalt!