UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Mystery Man

Have any of you guys seen any of these episodes? There are 20 5-minute shorts that introduce viewers to the characters are are chocked full of characters that'd be fantastic as minimates.

Odin, Sif, Balder, Heimdall, Hogun, Fandral, Volstag, Jane Foster, the Wrecking Crew, MODOK, Griffin, Blizzard...

Baron Strucker,, KANG, Whirlwind, Maria Hill, Mandroids, Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird!), Jimmy Woo, Purple Man...

Enchantress, Executioner, Bi-Beast, Grim Reaper, Man-Ape, Gravitron, Lucia Von Bardas, Living Laser...

Mandril, Arnim Zola, Zzaxx, Gray Gargoyle, Mad Thinker, Baron Zemo, Batroc, Constrictor, Red Ghost and his super apes...

The Howling Commando's (Dino, Izzy, Dum Dum, Gabe, Percy, Reb), Clay Quartermain, Doc Samson, Wendigo...

And mentions of Man-Thing, the Punisher and a very familiar image of Lorna, Queen of the Jungle on Mandrill's comic book!

Also, looks like the female Whiplash and another guy who's name escapes me appear in the same little scene.

The cartoons are really neat and it'd be soooo cool if mates were made to co-incide. Most of the costumes are pretty near comic accurate. A few tweaks and they could release comic versions instead.

Check out all the shorts here for free:

http://disney.go.com/xd/avengers/cds/videos/index.html

Matt

Edited by Mystery Man

i agree minimating the charecters from this cartoon would fill in a TON of gaps -they have went all out to give us a huge cast

I dig the design of the Wasp in the series

I'm quite the opposite. I think her design makes her look dorky, especially her hair-do. What's with that? They should have gone with the black and yellow costume she wore in the comics jus before she died. Just my opinion.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I think if this show ever actually 'introduces' rather then just 'shows' characters it could be an excellent spring broad for minimates.

Right now though I have no reason to want any of the million characters shown because they're either just ill-definated background cameos (ooooh Kang was the NARRATOR for that one!) or we already have them as Minimates (cast of Ironman, although the Dreadnaughts in the mini-sode>wave 36 dreadnaughts)

and I hope if we get any minimates out of this show they're comic styled, this show has no style. It looks like a filler run on the comics (and by that I don't mean "a comic come to life" I mean the designs look like someone who can draw but has no unique voice drew it, they're the most generic and bland versions of the characters and backgrounds possible) every Batman cartoon has very much been in the style of one artist, X-Men has been as well (90's were in 'Jim Lee-ish' everything recent seems to be Steve Gordon-ish)... heck I would LOVE this series if the whole thing was Steve Gordon styled since Marvel was headed that way with it's kids books based on movies. Or it's produced by Disney right? Get their Goldboy Steve Silver in to design this crap... it all looks like those coloring books you see at drug/dollar stores that just say "BATMAN" on them not based on a show or movie and inside is a very basic non-descript Batman it's not "Hush Batman" or "Dark Knight Batman" just Batman... that's what this show feels like if I was shown a line up on characters I wouldn't be able to place the main heroes (aside from Wasp, but more on that in a second) as from this show so much 'just Thor'

Every character who isn't a generic design has some weird new design. Wasp looks ridiculous, what are her 'ear phones' for other then looking like antennas? (also she acts way to much like a child making her and Hank's relationship SOOOOOOOOO creepy), Nick Fury was like they were trying to make nerds and movie fans happy by combining elements of White Nick Fury with Black Nick Fury and the results are super confusing (did he NEED the graying temples? If Iron Man's cast is ripping on the movies so hard, why not just make him look like Movie Nick Fury? Little kids now have to ask "why did he shave his beard and grow his hair back?") Blizzard looks like Mr.Freeze trying on Captain Cold's outfit, and Odin had TWO EYES... is this something new in the Marvel universe? does he have two eyes now? Because seriously, what was that about?

tl,dr- If this show explains who some of the characters listed are and they gain popularity because of it, I hope the resulting minimates are 'comic style' not 'Disney's Marvel the Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes' styled (and how dumb is it the commercial announcer has to call it that.)

Only seen the webisodes for this as has been discussed in the other cartoon thread.

The main characters look fine except for two things Ironmans chest piece (I don't know what it is I just dont like it) and the whole of the Wasp character design. Its just terrible I actually understand the antenna bit as it goes back to one of her earlier costumes but the design as a whole is dire.

As for all the villains, great the more the merrier I look at it as it may get kids into wanting these secondary guys we ourselves want so joe public in LCS/TRU etc ask for Wrecking Crew, Kang and the buyers there then pass that on to suppliers and we get what we have wanted.

Anyway I think this cartoon starts in UK this week

I think if this show ever actually 'introduces' rather then just 'shows' characters it could be an excellent spring broad for minimates.

Right now though I have no reason to want any of the million characters shown because they're either just ill-definated background cameos (ooooh Kang was the NARRATOR for that one!) or we already have them as Minimates (cast of Ironman, although the Dreadnaughts in the mini-sode>wave 36 dreadnaughts)

and I hope if we get any minimates out of this show they're comic styled, this show has no style. It looks like a filler run on the comics (and by that I don't mean "a comic come to life" I mean the designs look like someone who can draw but has no unique voice drew it, they're the most generic and bland versions of the characters and backgrounds possible) every Batman cartoon has very much been in the style of one artist, X-Men has been as well (90's were in 'Jim Lee-ish' everything recent seems to be Steve Gordon-ish)... heck I would LOVE this series if the whole thing was Steve Gordon styled since Marvel was headed that way with it's kids books based on movies. Or it's produced by Disney right? Get their Goldboy Steve Silver in to design this crap... it all looks like those coloring books you see at drug/dollar stores that just say "BATMAN" on them not based on a show or movie and inside is a very basic non-descript Batman it's not "Hush Batman" or "Dark Knight Batman" just Batman... that's what this show feels like if I was shown a line up on characters I wouldn't be able to place the main heroes (aside from Wasp, but more on that in a second) as from this show so much 'just Thor'

Every character who isn't a generic design has some weird new design. Wasp looks ridiculous, what are her 'ear phones' for other then looking like antennas? (also she acts way to much like a child making her and Hank's relationship SOOOOOOOOO creepy), Nick Fury was like they were trying to make nerds and movie fans happy by combining elements of White Nick Fury with Black Nick Fury and the results are super confusing (did he NEED the graying temples? If Iron Man's cast is ripping on the movies so hard, why not just make him look like Movie Nick Fury? Little kids now have to ask "why did he shave his beard and grow his hair back?") Blizzard looks like Mr.Freeze trying on Captain Cold's outfit, and Odin had TWO EYES... is this something new in the Marvel universe? does he have two eyes now? Because seriously, what was that about?

tl,dr- If this show explains who some of the characters listed are and they gain popularity because of it, I hope the resulting minimates are 'comic style' not 'Disney's Marvel the Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes' styled (and how dumb is it the commercial announcer has to call it that.)

I agree that if we get mates of these characters I'd want them to be the comic versions. I was impressed by how little re-tooling they did for some of the characters, though. Most of 'em are instantly recognizable from their comic versions.

I dislike the black Nick Fury but it isn't because of any Iron Man ripping on. I just don't dig it because I like the classic Fury from the comics that I grew up with. Still, I'm trying to enjoy the cartoon for what it is. A nice distraction that may get other people to enjoy the characters and in turn the comics.

Also, if you read the old Ant-Man/Wasp stuff from way back when... Janet WAS younger than Hank. And Odin has had both one eye and two eyes at different points in the comics.

Finally, if seeing the characters as background fluff somehow gets them made as comic accurate minimates, I could really care less if they have big speaking parts or not.

Also, if you read the old Ant-Man/Wasp stuff from way back when... Janet WAS younger than Hank. And Odin has had both one eye and two eyes at different points in the comics.

Just because it's in the comics doesn't make a very teenagery Wasp being married to a very adult acting Ant-man any less creepy.

Was Odin having two eyes in the comics a plot point? Did he regain it or were the stories set before he gave it? or was it a case of "OPPS! I FORGOT IT! OH WELL!"... I was joking during the mini-sodes they probably left it off so he wouldn't be confused with Nick Fury (you can't have TWO eye patched guys!) which then got me thinking how awesomely stupid it would be if Nick Fury WAS Odin in the movies, how do you explain why he was alive in WW2 with Cap and hasn't aged a day until 'Avengers' BOOM! In a flash of lightning Sam Jackson turns into Anthony Hopkins, non-comic readers in the audience are all like "OOoooooOOOH! I get it!" and comic fans turn red scream in agony and die from a brain clot right there.

Just because it's in the comics doesn't make a very teenagery Wasp being married to a very adult acting Ant-man any less creepy.

Agreed. There was an old issue of X-Men where Xavier pondered and chose to hide his desire for intimacy with Jean Grey, his *much* younger pupil at the time.

It has always stayed with me since reading it and forever changed my opinion of Xavier as 'always-good-guy'.

Back on topic . . . This seems very much in the style of the recent Wolverine and the X-Men series. Do we think this one might actually get past one season?

Agreed. There was an old issue of X-Men where Xavier pondered and chose to hide his desire for intimacy with Jean Grey, his *much* younger pupil at the time.

It has always stayed with me since reading it and forever changed my opinion of Xavier as 'always-good-guy'.

I think our culture has too much of a lock on who can be with who. I've got family members where the husband is something like 25 years older than his wife. I never found that creepy.

I think our culture has too much of a lock on who can be with who. I've got family members where the husband is something like 25 years older than his wife. I never found that creepy.

I don't mind an age gap . . . My neighbours are the happiest couple i know and one is about 20 years older than the other. The age gap is fine, so long as the younger party is a sound-minded adult. Jean was the teenaged student of a man in his 50's. She had suffered severe mental trauma after witnessing a friends death and came to Xavier for help.

It just made me always view Xavier in a darker light after reading this.

I don't mind an age gap . . . My neighbours are the happiest couple i know and one is about 20 years older than the other. The age gap is fine, so long as the younger party is a sound-minded adult. Jean was the teenaged student of a man in his 50's. She had suffered severe mental trauma after witnessing a friends death and came to Xavier for help.

It just made me always view Xavier in a darker light after reading this.

Yeah, I don't think anyone will disagree that was a poor writing choice. I was talking more about Hank/Janet.

So far I've watched about six full episodes and I think the show is great. If this helps us get The Wrecking Crew, The Warriors Three, Kang, Dac Samson, Arnim Zola, Mad Thinker, Enchantress, Executioner or Man-Ape I'm all for it.

PS

Anyone else catch the Wolverine cameo in the Captain America origin story?

Edited by Rheul