UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help! Spider-Man Back in Black's mask wont come off!

Robbie

Do you wonderful minimate guru's have any advice on how to get the mask off? I just got a Spider-Man Back in Black minimate dirt cheap on eBay and he came in yesterday. I took him out and wanted to see him with his mask on so I put it on. It was a little snug going on, but now the thing wont budge and I can't get it off!

I'm really hesitant to try inserting something, like an exacto knife, to loosen it up as I'm afraid I will do damage to the head or the mask. Have any of you had this problem? How did you get his mask off?

HELP!

Edited by Robbie

Localized explosives. It'll take care of the mask... and the head... and the arms... and the body... and the legs... and the entire minimate... but it's a great stress reliever and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Thanks guys, I knew you folks would have the answers! I briefly considered the explosives option but decided to go the freezer route instead (I was afraid I would mess up the helmet if it was pliable after boiling). After a few minutes I took Pete's frozen head out and off came the mask!

Thanks again, I've never had a mask stick like that, I was starting to resign myself to never seeing his face again! <_<

Happens a lot. Worst I've had was Invaders Torch. I think his head was slightly melted to the fire hair. After months of boiling, freezing and giving up I finally found with a sewing pin the "connection" 2 seconds later the fire was off.

A more annoying thing, and I don't know how common it is but its happened to me twice now, is when a knee joint is stuck via a little dry paint. You gotta break the paint with a pin or you might bend and snap the joint.

You can also use the boiling water to straighten out bent accessories and pieces. boil the piece straighten it and then flash cool it with cold water. Fixed my Deadpool swords and The Flash's head wings.