UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dirty Mates?

I store my minimates in tub, as evidenced by a picture in the collection thread. I began moving them to their final prison of 2"x3" bags recently. I noticed that every single white cape/glove/etc. had scuff marks all up on it. Those Mr. Clean sponges worked like a charm, with no paint loss at all. If you cut it into a small square you can be thrifty too!

I may be balding, but i'm no mr clean spokesman, so what do you guys use to clean your dirty minimates.

and let the innuedos begin!

Edited by 616commando

I'll be serious,hard work for me.

Whenever I buy loose Minimates from ebay I always immerse them in warm water & washing-up liquid for an hour or so.....I'm not sure exactly why but I always have. I then let them dry naturally .There are some particular Minimates that always seem 'dirty' ,Nightcrawler always comes to mind as does C3 Alternate Superman & no amount of cleaning will make them white often because of the aging of the white plastic or the paint. Older Minimates (& kubricks) do not not like direct sunlight on their white bits ......much like myself.

The benefit of 'washing' in the above manner results in subtle lubrication of the joints.....don't ask me how but all I know is that breaking a Minimate is in my personal experience almost unknown. The exception to this rule is ........& I again am keeping to my serious stance......Morrie Bench whose black plastic torso is made from a unique piece of semi-synthetic organic amorphous solid shit which breaks by merely looking at it.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'll be serious,hard work for me.

Whenever I buy loose Minimates from ebay I always immerse them in warm water & washing-up liquid for an hour or so.....I'm not sure exactly why but I always have. I then let them dry naturally .There are some particular Minimates that always seem 'dirty' ,Nightcrawler always comes to mind as does C3 Alternate Superman & no amount of cleaning will make them white often because of the aging of the white plastic or the paint. Older Minimates (& kubricks) do not not like direct sunlight on their white bits ......much like myself.

The benefit of 'washing' in the above manner results in subtle lubrication of the joints.....don't ask me how but all I know is that breaking a Minimate is in my personal experience almost unknown. The exception to this rule is ........& I again am keeping to my serious stance......Morrie Bench whose black plastic torso is made from a unique piece of semi-synthetic organic amorphous solid shit which breaks by merely looking at it.

When I get loose mates from ANYONE, I take each piece apart and wash them in hot water. I barely lost one piece once, but I got it in the drain.

The one time I had Minimates break is when I tried to take Scarlet Witch's leg apart (I got it new, but I was new and curious and found that the pin doesn't come out if you just try to force it), and playing with a Lilith I got from China (the arm peg came off).