UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Just a thought

MiniFiend UK

I know AA/DST say they wont re-release a figure that was a variant. (not sure how that works with TRU exclusives down the line)

So if its unlikely that we will get Angel in the near future. How about a battle damaged 1st appearance Angel. that way with a quick parts swap from the classic boxset (Cyclops body/Beast mask) ppl can get a Angel to finish off the group.

Its not a perfect way to go but its at least an option.

what parts would you swap? as in, would you need to swap out the BD parts for parts from the 1st app box set? If that was the case, are you just paying for the BD figure for the slightly angry looking face, and the slip on piece that the wings attaches to?

it may simply be easier to get a spare 1st app set, and one of the Angels variants that weren't from that same wave (31? 32?... something like that)

what parts would you swap? as in, would you need to swap out the BD parts for parts from the 1st app box set? If that was the case, are you just paying for the BD figure for the slightly angry looking face, and the slip on piece that the wings attaches to?

it may simply be easier to get a spare 1st app set, and one of the Angels variants that weren't from that same wave (31? 32?... something like that)

using one of the other Angels would work (Champions Angel or the blue not variant Angel) it would mean painting the wing attachment yellow and I'm not sure if the X-men mask would line up with the eyes but it could work out cheaper then the prices being payed.

* Going to see if the mask lines up*

I guess that is possible, but I don't see DST doing it. He's no Spiderman. These appear for pretty reasonable prices from time to time if you keep your eyes open. Not sure if the guys selling for reasonable prices ship to the UK, but I figure some will.

The figure on the left is the TRU 1st appearance Angel. The other on the right is made up from Classic X-men Boxset Cyclops (body/arms/legs gloves and boots) Classic X-men Boxset Beast (mask) Champions Boxset Angel (Wings/Clip/Head)

A little bit of paint on the clip and it could be a usable interim piece for ppl that may need to finish the team.

post-179-1281726990_thumb.jpg

Sorry for photo quality I used my mobile phone.

The figure on the left is the TRU 1st appearance Angel. The other on the right is made up from Classic X-men Boxset Cyclops (body/arms/legs gloves and boots) Classic X-men Boxset Beast (mask) Champions Boxset Angel (Wings/Clip/Head)

A little bit of paint on the clip and it could be a usable interim piece for ppl that may need to finish the team.

post-179-1281726990_thumb.jpg

Sorry for photo quality I used my mobile phone.

Thanks for that. I had considered doing the exact same thing. It didn't occur to me that the wings part would need to be repainted to match the uniform.