UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

have you ever stolen minimates?

Okay. Well, stealing is wrong. it's wrong morally and it's against the law. But that doesn't keep people from doing it. So, we all like eachother, and we're not gona hunt eachother's addresses down and call the cops on them. :P

Have you ever stolen minimates? If so, explain. If not, what would it take to cause you to do so?

I worked at TRU for 2 years. People stole stuff all the time. I was in charge of making sure the stolen crap got to the back room and to the right person. When we still had minimates in stalk, people would always open them and steal them. Expecially the GSXM Wolvy. People seemed to loooooove yellow wolvy. However, that left Parker, Gama hulk and Silver surffer that we couldn't sell. So sometimes, I'd take the stuff back and very quietly take the remainign 3. They were going to the trash once they got shipped out. But that doesn't make it right. Hwever, I did aquire a large battle damaged daredevil collection that way. ;)

If there was a natural disaster, I think there would be plenty other things on my mind then stealing minimates. However, if I was willing to risk being killed over toys, and I didn't think it wrong, and the opertunity was there, I might think about it. But I highly doubt I would.

Nope, unless multiple visits to the DCD booth at SDCC to get you guys as many JS/GL's as I could counts...

I just don't do dishonest, it's too much effort in the long run and really not in my nature... oh course that could be a lie ;)

T.

Can't say I've stolen a minimate before. I've bought a bunch for my little brother and later stolen a hand, accessory, etc that I needed though. Don't worry, I replaced the part I snagged both times it happened.

It would take a huge sign from the Almighty for me to consider stealing minimates or anything else for that matter. Something like Customer Wear Baggy Pants day scheduled on the same day as Blind Employees Watch the Store day as the Minimate Max statues hit shelves.

I stole a bunch from some website I hacked called Stucka-something. I was able to get them to ship me cases without paying a cent.

Oh wait. Did I say that out loud?

Just kidding of course. The answer is no. Because of little thieves in my area I gotta carefully check my Target Minimates before purchasing. People really loved stealing Blade/Punisher. Luckily the packaging means the box is utterly destroyed if the thief hopes to get anything out.

I stole a bunch from some website I hacked called Stucka-something. I was able to get them to ship me cases without paying a cent.

SOunds like a site run by a bunch of idio ...

HEY!

* note to self: send bill to Jatta for all those missing 'mates *

Okay. Well, stealing is wrong. it's wrong morally and it's against the law. But that doesn't keep people from doing it. So, we all like eachother, and we're not gona hunt eachother's addresses down and call the cops on them. :P

Have you ever stolen minimates? If so, explain. If not, what would it take to cause you to do so?

I worked at TRU for 2 years. People stole stuff all the time. I was in charge of making sure the stolen crap got to the back room and to the right person. When we still had minimates in stalk, people would always open them and steal them. Expecially the GSXM Wolvy. People seemed to loooooove yellow wolvy. However, that left Parker, Gama hulk and Silver surffer that we couldn't sell. So sometimes, I'd take the stuff back and very quietly take the remainign 3. They were going to the trash once they got shipped out. But that doesn't make it right. Hwever, I did aquire a large battle damaged daredevil collection that way. ;)

If there was a natural disaster, I think there would be plenty other things on my mind then stealing minimates. However, if I was willing to risk being killed over toys, and I didn't think it wrong, and the opertunity was there, I might think about it. But I highly doubt I would.

Hey, in my book, stealing whats about to be thrown away isn't stealing. I've done it (though not with minimates). I once got a unicycle that way, though I did ask the person. Nah, I don't really steal though. Maybe some candy from the bins at Target, but that's about it.

No, locally I go to places I'm on very good speaking terms with so plan on going back to, or places where they're kept behind the counter so not really going to be able to knock off AND escape with my ill gotten booty, arr!

No, it's just not a question to even think about. I get pissed when I see the Target minis stolen and smashed boxes. Just this week they stole a Wolvie/Iceman set and the Target employee put the emtpy box w/o tray back on the shelf.

I hate theives too, I've had stereos stolen and I had to hound them down to...........end of story.

Hey, in my book, stealing whats about to be thrown away isn't stealing. I've done it (though not with minimates). I once got a unicycle that way, though I did ask the person. Nah, I don't really steal though. Maybe some candy from the bins at Target, but that's about it.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I was mad already that some one would take ONE FIGURE to start with and leave the rest. Just like that it means it couldn't be sold. Then I get marching orders to ship them out to where I know they will be destroyed.

It wasn't so much "stealing" as it was "rescuing". I'm a minimate hero!

...I still suck.

Hmmm interesting topic, but on that note when i was buying the minis of Colossus and nightcrawler, etc.... I was almost gonna buy a half empty Phoenix and Prof. X. I only noticed when i looked at the box anf felt it kinda lite then noticed that one of the sides where the tape is was cut open. I guess the guy or gal had a sharp object with them and took whatever they wanted. Smart, but not good. <_<

I know this is going to reflect negatively upon me, but I have stolen. I feel you can all understand the lure of easy picking, if anyone can. I have an overwhelming urge to unburden myself of all the guilt I have been carrying around since I did it. It was impulsive, it was immature, but damn it, it felt good when I did it. I really needed it too and had no other way to get it........

I took 2 on FCBD............. :P

Who was that tool on the old board that was so proud of his thefts, remember?

No.

Once I saw an open Carnage MMate at TRU and considered taking him.....ok, stealing him, but my morals were stronger, so I put it back. That was about 2 years ago, and just yesterday I got that Carnage through Ebay.

See, I would have, because the only other option was someone else would have taked him, or he'd get thrown away.

No.

Once I saw an open Carnage MMate at TRU and considered taking him.....ok, stealing him, but my morals were stronger, so I put it back. That was about 2 years ago, and just yesterday I got that Carnage through Ebay.

See, I would have, because the only other option was someone else would have taked him, or he'd get thrown away.

That's the boat I was in. However, the lesson here is what goes around comes around.