UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Looks like there's an X3 wave after all...

Lobsterman

Just saw a post on AA the boards referencing a new item on Diamond's site: Marvel wave 14 seems to be the the X3 wave. They only show the backs (Marvel mates are back, get it? get it?), but it looks like we're getting some new sculpts...

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

"This winter," eh? Someone remind me: does winter officially end in July or August? ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annoying!! only showing us the back of the mini's!!!!!

So wave 14 is going to be another xmen wave..... Sigh.... oldschool avengers please for 15 ???

Looks like some nice new sculpts though :)

Not what I was expecting but I'll take em, if the likenesses are good and the fronts look as good as the backs then these might be the coolest mates in a while.

T.

Great finally something new. :) Yeah what a tease, so far those new sculps look nicely detailed from the back. I'm liking Jean's coat and Juggy has some great detail. Hopefully we can see more pics of the final versions.

It says this winter, does this really mean they'll be out this winter?

It says this winter, does this really mean they'll be out this winter?

That could be as late as March...

If they were smart, they'd have released these in conjunction with the X3 DVD release.

Oh well. Maybe they're planning the release of these mates along with the X3 special edition that's coming out at the turn of the year? (I dont even know if there is a special edition... but with the marketing trend in DVDs, I wouldnt be in the least bit surprised if they did that. And that would be a good time to release these mates, from a marketing standpoint) :huh:

Edited

Hey DST Matt I see ya lurking... come on give us more info/pix please :D

T.

The plural of Colossus is Colossi. ;)

I wonder what the plural for smart ass is? :DB)

Not specifically aimed at Matt cos I know he's probably not allowed to answer but I'm assuming we're only seeing backs of these figures cos they dont have aprovals on the likeless of the actors faces yet?

T.

Bleh. Every one of these characters have been made. I need some new guys.

These characters are fine with me; I'm all about the new sculpts at this point. I just wish we could see some new stuff in hand.

I am fully confident they have designers working diligently to create new concept art and prototypes for dozens of lines that will get us super-dooper excited. I'm just getting a little weary of the "here are brand new sculpts you may see at some point in the future, but in the meantime, repaints!" routine.

Fuck fuck fuck they looks so cool. Like they just stepped off the screen but yet still Minimates.

I know this is just based off the back shots, but still... I just watched X3 again.

Movie Wolverine - YES, it's a great look for him and a worthwhile Minimate

Phoenix - Her costume looked great in the film, and hey it's Famke!

Colossus - Perhaps the weakest of the lot, would much rather have seen Rogue, Iceman or Kitty

Storm - A different look with the short hair, and it's Halle Berry

Juggernaut - The movie costume was very different from previous version, well worth seeing, looks much more intricate

Beast - Again one that we just get in a wave previously but thematically fits well

Really, really jacked for these. Awesome.

Just wish they'd've sorted them out sooner.

Colossus - Perhaps the weakest of the lot, would much rather have seen Rogue, Iceman or Kitty

Agreed. Then we could have had translucent chase figs (ice Bobby/phasing Kitty).

Storm - A different look with the short hair, and it's Halle Berry

Ooooohh. I though that was Magneto. Storm makes sense, though.

Dangit, now I'm going to have to make a movie Cyclops custom.