UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iceman wave 11 question

MST3KFan

I'm wondering here...

I was simply moving my clear Iceman from wave 11's left leg when the knee joint area broke off.

Now I could generally just slap another clear character's leg in its place maybe, but I noticed the plastic used on him has a very slight blue tint.

I know there is a blue tinted Iceman out there, but I looked at him in pics and he seemed a bit darker then the one I have (which was bought from stuckakid ages ago).

So I'm wondering if the clear Iceman from wave 11 is supposed to have a slight tint to it and not just straight up clear.

I'm looking for replacements, but every one listed on ebay is claiming to the rare blue tint one and charging a hefty price.

Otherwise, is there a way to maybe push out the broken knee joint parts to replace them with a fixed one?

Thanks to any whom can help on this.

I'm fairly sure I've seen mention of pushing out the pins in the knees and elbows in the customs section. Have a scout around there and see if you can pick up some tips. Good luck with it dude.

I know that it's almost heart-breaking but I find that the best way to deal with broken Minimates is to put them to one side ,hidden away for custom fodder or whatever. This is especially true with rare stuff where the Minimate is fairly unique ....Stealth Blue IM for example. I acquired one in a batch of 'loose' that had a damaged helmet,I tried for a while to get a spare but in the end I just gave him away.....I felt a lot better & didn't have to look at it any longer,fretting. Recently I did the same with Hydroman . I appreciate it doesn't solve the problem of not having a complete Iceman but you'll never be happy with the broken one or trying to fix it..............another will come along. Obviously this isn't the case with the majority of 'mates but I can only think of 'rare' clear items.

...another will come along. Obviously this isn't the case with the majority of 'mates but I can only think of 'rare' clear items.

This is the healthiest way to go about it. In rare cases you might stumble upon parts auctions for the specific part + a bunch of others that you aren't looking for, however in most cases the time and money spent searching far outweighs that of just looking for a replacement new one. Tough but true... I hope my Deadpool never breaks.

Well, I got a new Iceman minimate. Wasn't easy to come by, but it's all good now. It seems I must have a blue tint one though since the one I got says it's blue tinited and it does like my old one have a bit of a blue to it.

I'm guessing the wave 11 clear then is totally clear? ANyone have all the Iceman mates and can prove it?

I've seen blue tinted Icemans in pics before where they're a really good clearish blue, but seriously, the two I've got are very light blue.

..............another will come along.

Well, I got a new Iceman minimate. I'm guessing the wave 11 clear then is totally clear? ANyone have all the Iceman mates and can prove it?

I've seen blue tinted Icemans in pics before where they're a really good clearish blue, but seriously, the two I've got are very light blue.

I'm almost positive somebody posted some pics comparing them? I'm also convinced that the standard Wave 11 ones vary as well....too slight to photograph but they do vary.