UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Desktop Theater needs a new home

murderofcrows

Guys

Thanks so much for all the input, and support i really appreciate it. I will let you guys battle it out...cause i love everyone's site! I would be honored to be on any of your sites.

Let me Know

moc847

Maybe we can come up with the best fit for Desktop Theater. What kind of hosting support are you looking for?

Specifically, do you want a page/pages that will blend thematically with the host site?

Do you want access to be able to upload new comics?

Any other special needs?

I think Timbo had a good point, MMC doesn't have its own comic strip so it makes sense to put it there. Also, Ady could then expand the banner at the top of MMMV to say, "Minimate Multiverse with Minimates Central with Minimate Desktop Theater." In a couple years and a few more mergers later the banner will cover the entire screen.

I am happy to host but we should find the best fit.

That god damn banner...

How about "Minimate Multiverse with Minimate Central, Minimate Headquarters and Minimate Desktop Theater, with added Minimate Adventures and some extra Minimates for luck"

As others have said its probably more down to what you want, obviously as this place isnt a website in that sense, I could give you a subdomain and space/ftp access etc but as for fitting thematically with anything, there isnt anything to thematically fit so Im easy (unless you like black and orange) in which case you could thematically fit :P

Personally my vote goes to MMC

Well I don't feel it should really be a contest. Moc must decide which one he want Desktop Theatre at. Maybe it'd be worthwhile dropping each of the webmasters showing an interest a PM or catching up with them on MSN or something to have a chat about how each one would incorporate it into their existing site.

How about "Minimate Multiverse with Minimate Central, Minimate Headquarters and Minimate Desktop Theater, with added Minimate Adventures and some extra Minimates for luck"

Something like a group or WebRing would be nice, "The Minimate Universe (aka MMU aka Minimate U)" *were the hell's the merge button, lol* ;)

• 5 months later...

Danny and I were going to put them on Minimates Central. We tried to get the files sent across a couple of times. Then we kind of lost touch. So I guess the answer would be no. No new home for the theaters. Of course with a marriage, new job and new home it has been a long time since I have had the extra time to dedicate to doing any new theaters

I want to though. especially with all the new mates out and coming out

That's too bad, I would love to see more of them. I have a lot of the older ones from TNI saved on my computer. If you need any help getting them out there for people to see again let me know, I'd love to help out.

Plus I've been thinking about making some of my own once I get me a camera (which will be very soon) and I'd like to have a place to host mine as well. Btw, what type of program did you use to do the caption bubbles? When I start making mine I'd like to have a good program for captions and effects.