UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

You never know whats watching you.

Shanester

This was taken out of the water behind my Father-in-Laws house. That is his yard you are seeing this guy being drug across. I am guessing this fella had his sights set on their small dog, but luckily my Father-in-law has eyes like an eagle. 8ft in length this guy is. Not a bit too happy either.

Enjoy!

Whoa. I would hate to be in front dragging that thing.

Yeah, they can run surprisingly fast. I think this guy was just too worn out to fight any longer.

They get larger than this, but this is the biggest one I have seen taken from a yard. The big boys usually keep territory out in the marsh.

So where'd this guy get hauled off to?

He was loaded onto the back of a trailer and the deputy (part of the sheriff's dept), said they would fan boat him out to the deeper marshes, just a little further south. Alligator is actually pretty good eating, but they seemed to think this big fella deserved to live on. I agree.

Whoa. I would hate to be in front dragging that thing.

It's probably better than being behind it & pushing !

The guys hooked him with a huge baited hook and steel line so that they could keep up with where he was. Gators can hold their breath for a very long time so it would be easy for him to go to the bottom and walk off. Once he was hooked, he fought like a bat outta hell for over an hour. By the time they got ropes on him, he was so exhausted that he barely struggled. He seemed to get his second wind once they got him out to the street, but he mostly cooperated.