UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC vs Capcom Vs Marvel

I had until today never heard of a thing called MUGEN Its a game engine for designing fighting games.

well I'm a sucker for free stuff so when i was told of a whole bunch of free PC games (abandonware etc) I thought I would check it out.

and I have come across a corker one for all the fanboys and girls to squeal with glee. DC Vs Capcom Vs Marvel!

142yo09.jpg

It is real it does play and I'm loving it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKmDkFSxc6g

The game list is here. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244468

and the game is here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpo...p;postcount=590

Have fun :)

heard of it long time ago, I had all kinds of characters, from guilty gear to mvc2 to even the ninja turtles it was fun for a while, but the controls always felt clunky IMO, and it was sometime very very unbalanced.

this one looks pretty cool, the one I played you had to go and find the characters and add them into the game.

Edited by SErge

How do I download it for free? I get taken to a premium download, but I have to pay.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V0831JXD Click the link and enter the code in the top right corner.

you will be on the download page it will say premium download on right side with a countdown timer below it wait for timer to rundown and you will get the regular free download option.

i love the inclusion of hal but hate the absence of tony

Since this is Mugen you can fix that with a little work you know.

Although this is being packaged as a "game" the basic MUGEN coding within should allow you to add characters, just find a MUGEN version of Iron Man you like (it might take some searching, for every good 'plays like the real thing' Mugen character there are 80 'half finished' versions and 2047 'crappy over powered made up moves' versions) then following instructions found on-line, add him to the select screen by either:

-replacing a character you don't like

-'breaking' the select screen and having him poking out on the side over a portrait

-replacing the default select screen with one found on-line with more squares.

More of topic:

I'm impressed from the videos the DC sprites don't look half bad, I'm so used to seeing half-assed 'crap I need this move from Magneto but this move from Ryu...' traced amorphous shape-shifting DC mugen characters that seeing Batman and Deadpool stay on model was pretty cool.

i love the inclusion of hal but hate the absence of tony

Since this is Mugen you can fix that with a little work you know.

Although this is being packaged as a "game" the basic MUGEN coding within should allow you to add characters, just find a MUGEN version of Iron Man you like (it might take some searching, for every good 'plays like the real thing' Mugen character there are 80 'half finished' versions and 2047 'crappy over powered made up moves' versions) then following instructions found on-line, add him to the select screen by either:

-replacing a character you don't like

-'breaking' the select screen and having him poking out on the side over a portrait

-replacing the default select screen with one found on-line with more squares.

More of topic:

I'm impressed from the videos the DC sprites don't look half bad, I'm so used to seeing half-assed 'crap I need this move from Magneto but this move from Ryu...' traced amorphous shape-shifting DC mugen characters that seeing Batman and Deadpool stay on model was pretty cool.

i understood none of this but i will give it a try