UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel UK collectors edition comics

Here in the UK we have our own selection of Marvel comicbooks that reprint 3 US issues per Issue they are currently about 18 months behind the US (we are just starting Secret Invasion) but they are catching up quite quick and they plan on being only 6 months nehind in the future, they contain 76 pages, no ads and retail at £2.95 an issue

We currently have 7 titles they are:

Astonishing Spiderman - (this contains both classic and current stories and is the only title that comics out twice a motnh)

Avengers Unconquered - (reprints NA, MA and main crossover stories such as Secret Invasion)

Fantastic Four adventures - (Reprints current both classic and current stories)

Essential X-men - (Reprints a range of current X-men Titles)

Wolverine and Deadpool - (Reprints current Wolverine and Deadpool stories)

Marvel Legends - (Reprints Current Cap.America, Thor and Iron Man)

Mighty World of Marvel - (Reprints a wide range of current Marvel titles and never print the same titles we've seen WWH, Captain Britain, Inhumans, She Hulk, Hercules to name but a few)

Any UK based fans collect these? or any US members ever seen these before?

yeah i used to buy these years ago before i discovered my local comic shop ,started essential x men at issue 2 and spider-man at around issue 7 really great value (they were printing the clone saga in spidey when i started & would have cost a fortune to buy seperatley) let me know if you need any back issues

I did get the Spidey one awhile back but found they where very spotty to get in my normal papershop even when i asked them to get it in for me. So kinda drifted away from it. Now I just get Trades or graphic novels coving stories I want to read.

I read the Astonishing Spider-Man albeit infrequently because as MiniFiend mentioned they are spotty to get. I have all the original Mighty World of Marvels & all the original 1972 -85 run. post-638-1273400669_thumb.jpg This was the first UK Marvel comic ever , 11th February 1967,post-638-1273400642_thumb.jpg & I still have every issue. :rolleyes:

Hey gledzee I may be interested in a few back issues from the clone sage run i'll check which ones i'm missing and let ya know

I read the Astonishing Spider-Man albeit infrequently because as MiniFiend mentioned they are spotty to get. I have all the original Mighty World of Marvels & all the original 1972 -85 run. post-638-1273400669_thumb.jpg This was the first UK Marvel comic ever , 11th February 1967,post-638-1273400642_thumb.jpg & I still have every issue. :rolleyes:

Wow some cool stuff you've got there I used to also get Exploits of Spiderman, The complete Spiderman and Spiderman and Zoids

I find W H Smith's are the best bet to pick up MArvel UK comics