UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Xavier wheelchair question?????

JoeyCrypts

i hate the wheel chair that xavier came with and thinking of replacing it with the the kubricks Xavier hover chair, just one question is there a way of doin it. iv never collected kubricks and only ask cuz i can get one cheap just now.

The wheel chair that comes with the kubrick has a peg like a minimate crotch on it to put a kubrick on it that has its legs removed. So to make it compatible, you'd need to clip off the peg on the wheelchair and either:

1. Glue the top half of the Professor X minimate right onto the chair

2. Cut the torso peg on a minimate crotch off and glue it onto the wheel chair creating a peg on the chair, so the Professor X minimate's removable.

Hope that helps!

I found that once you remove the Kubrick peg, take a minimate crotch piece and remove everything below the horizontal piece that the torso peg is attached to. then glue that flat "base" with the torso peg to the hoverchair. This allows Chuck to sit a bit higher in the chair and allows better arm movement.

This will also help if you want to place a suited professor in thc chair that uses a suit piece over the torso piece.

I found out in the middle of cutting the center peg off that the two armrests pop off after working them a bit and loosening the glue on them. This frees you up to cut the center peg off more cleanly without nicking the armrests. Cutting it off leaves a hole in the flat "waist" surface; from here you can do either of the punisher's suggestions [2 is work intensive if you don't have the right cutting tools but it does give him better arm movement].

An optional next step is to carefully pop off the waist/blanket/leg rest portion and break/cut off the beams and whatnot inside, to allow you to fit an entire Minimate hip/crotchpiece in the space under the waist/blanket/leg rest panel. You can thread the waist peg through the hole, and peg it into a torso piece.

TENIME posted a pic of Xavier in a Kubrick hoverchair back in Dec - Click here.

Ah cool. Thanks. Though is there a way I wonder to make it so Xavier is no attached to a glued torso and have his whole body be in the wheelchair, or is it just easier to do it the way shown?

TENIME posted a pic of Xavier in a Kubrick hoverchair back in Dec - Click here.

Ah cool. Thanks. Though is there a way I wonder to make it so Xavier is no attached to a glued torso and have his whole body be in the wheelchair, or is it just easier to do it the way shown?

Not without heavy modification to the chair, that would most likely damage it. It was never designed to seat a character with legs, just a torso. Not saying it can't be done (see lastmaximal's post above) but the easiest custom that looks really good is the torso custom.

For some reason, I have a feeling that hoverchair Prof X is just one of those 'Mates that we'll never get an official release. I hope I'm wrong, but since the 90's X-Men Wave has already been released (that was really the best opportunity for him...), chances are slim.

Edited by youbastards

My Xavier is removable. He can turn, and he's not stuck. The torso slides off the waist peg just like any, normal Minimate. Like it was said above, I cut the crotch off the crotchpiece, so it was just the waist & torso peg, and glued it on. I don't think a whole lower Minimate (legs & all) could fit inside the chair, which you'd have to pretty much destroy it, plus you'd see his lap, which you're not supposed to (flannel blanket). This way is not only the easiest, it's the most character-accurate. If DST were to make one, of course they'd include a lower half for him, but I can pretty much guarantee they wouldn't have it fit inside the chair.