UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GL exclusive at comic-con-*Free*...Comic-con GL on ebay: $12.95 + ship

batmite's_mom

Eternally grateful to Shanester, Santa Claus of the Northern Hemisphere, for making my kid's week (I would say month, but the Phoenix comic-con is this weekend, so jury's still out...!)

On a side note, he was almost as thrilled with the STAMPS on the package (Batman & Aquaman) as the contents! LoL (I have a video clip of this (along with a good ol-fashioned 'happy dance') if I can just figure out how to upload it somewhere!)

Having 4-yr old twins, I can't always afford the "collector big-dog" prices some of these *freebies* end up going for on ebay, so to say that I owe you one is a colossal understatement! My son sits in my lap & we go thru ebay together looking for "treasures" to add to his collection. We kept spying the John Stewart's from the comic-con for like $0.99 (some with crazy shipping, but still...) and then some crazy (present company excluded, if applicable) would end up bidding $6 or $8...so we would look for another one...and another...well now they are going for like $12.95...(remember, this for something the seller got for *FREE*...good grief!)

Anyway, for some reason Shanester is cool enough to think that a couple pix of my kid going co-co puffs is a good trade for a John Stewart, so...not to disappoint...here's Mikey!! 

http://members.cox.net/colorado97/Micheal/MikeGL.htm ...be sure & page all the way down ;)

Anyway, for some reason Shanester is cool enough to think that a couple pix of my kid going co-co puffs is a good trade for a John Stewart, so...not to disappoint...here's Mikey!! 
Uncle Shanester's a good man! Btw Mikey's shirt rocks, love it. Good to see kids enjoying some minimates :D

I couldn't imagine being in a forum with a great group of people. :D

See what I mean...cracking up again over here...you guys rock!

I agree, this is the best forums group yet...someone finally got it right (thanks Ady & gang!)

Oh yeah! Thats the stuff. I enjoy the looks on the faces, just as much as the fun of collecting.

Thanks for posting those pics. Keep them coming too. Just drop us a line when you need help and more than likely, someone will lend a hand.

I just got back from a business trip, but I stopped in to see my two nephews on the way. Of course, good ole Uncle Shanester took a bunch of minimates and the smiles were massive. Its amazing how much fun a 2" piece of plastic can bring.

Dont thank me its all down to the posters :D

Especially that Farrah Fawcette poster i used to have hanging in my room :wub:

Good to see Nervous has grown out of poster on the wall....

It's a lifesize cardboard cut out these days... Much more mature :huh::P

T.

Yeah, I agree, the GL is going for some silly prices on eBay. I snagged my eight Stewarts for next to nothing the last day of the con and to see them going for as much as $25 + $15 shipping on eBay (seriously, I did) just makes me shake my head. I mean, maybe in 4-5 years they might be worth 40 bucks, but not right now.

GL's definitely one of my favorite 'mates now though, and it was my brother's favorite birthday gift, hands down, despite the fact that his girlfriend bought him an Xbox 360....