UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hasbro DOES have the rights to BSG figures!

That would be a childhood-dream-come-true for me personally(especially with 1:18 scale vipers, raiders,and landrams!). However, do you honestly believe that Hasbro sees a lucrative line with the classic series beyond limited "collector items"? It seems that the highly successful(and rightly so)new BSG would be the more logical choice, but A) Hasbro makes no mention of this particular license and B) I'm not sure how Hasbro(a "kiddie-friendly" toy company)would go about producing a line of "toys" based on a series that caters more to a "mature audience"; it just seems so out-of-character for them. For the emmence number of characters and costume variations, 4" would be the way to go, however, the collector market seems to favor 6"(or 12"). I personally long for the 1:18 scale revival and pray that Hasbro or some other ambitious company could prove me wrong, but until I see an actual press-release(or better yet: product) I have to remain skeptical(I'm still languishing over the demise of Palisade's supposed 4" Terminator 2, Planet of the Apes, Alien, and Predator lines!). My heart can only take so much breaking LOL!! On a side note, what I find really shocking is that no one has announced any type of specialty-market line for the new series (ala: Stargate SG-1, Star Trek TOS, Serenity,etc.). Besides Majestic Studios' 1:6(12")line and the "urban myth" that is Minimates LOL it seems that companies would be clawing to make it happen. If AA and DST could just convince me that this is the REAL reason for the delays on all the minimate lines, then I could ALMOST forgive them! ;P