UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predators

winkerbean

So far it hasn't looked great and what has been see of the "super predators" has been less than stellar. Throw in the wimpy Brody as the main character and it is not easy to be optimistic. However, I am glad we are getting a new predator movie.

It actually looks surprisingly good to me. Given, my expectations are based off of the AVP films and Alien: Resurrection, so they were pretty dang low. I'm not expecting it to be great, but I'm hoping it will be a fun, watchable action film. Based on IMDB, I see that the director doesn't have much of a track record and neither do the writers. Rodriguez is producing, but he's been mostly concerned with kiddie movies over the last few years. So, he hasn't done anything in a long time to judge on, and what he has done has been hit and miss, IMO (he did have Tarantino and Frank Miller to collaborate on his better works).

We shall see. . .

Edited by karamazov80

This like the first 2 Terminators movies are one's that are hard to live up to. It is one of the one films of Arnold's that I don't groan through, even though most of the team seem to be of superhero stature. Anyone who's been in the armed forces know that most members come in various sizes. So I think Brody and Topher being cast gives it a more realistic feel to it. I'll have to wait until I see something more concrete before I give it my final decision though.

Alien Resurection... 2/3's good movie completely and utterly rendered unwatchable by the third act. So much so I didn't even bother with the two AvP's. Solidly pretending Aliens was the last movie in that series.

I don't know... Predator 2 had some fun moments but as a whole it too was weak. I'm not sure that the lightning in a bottle that was the first one can be recaptured at this point.