UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I went to Emerald City Comic Con on Sunday

Dio

I know someone here wanted to ask Stan Lee this question, but I didn't get to see him though I got the answer from someone else:

Q: Why is there a hyphen in Spider-Man?

A: Because originally he came out as Spiderman, but it was too similar to Superman.

Didn't see Whil Wheaton or Leonard Nimoy, though I did shake Lou Ferrigno's hand. Wil Wheaton played Rock Band on Sunday and he is a terrible singer XD

Everything was pretty much in the Exhibition Hall, and leaves more to be desired as they could have had used up more rooms of the Washington State Convention center for other panels/programming maybe even a console room. They had traditional gaming and Magic in the exhibition hall though. It makes me appreciate Sakura Con a little more for literally using up every inch of the convention center.

The artists for the Toy Story and Pixar Cars comics were doing custom sketch covers for only $10! I have a friend going to AAU right now who loves Toy Story and wants to become an animator at Pixar someday, and it was her birthday recently so I just had to get her a Toy Story comic. It was pretty interesting that the artist, Nate Watson used to teach at AAU.

And this one guy got a copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 for $30. He thought it was worth $1000 lol.

I might go again next year but there's really no point in going the whole weekend. Stan Lee was there and they paid him so much for his appearance fee that you had to pay $40 to get an autograph. Ow.

A: Because originally he came out as Spiderman, but it was too similar to Superman.

That was me asking that question (...to Miry ).

And this one guy got a copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 for $30. He thought it was worth $1000 lol.

Depending upon its grade it could well be up that way.

That was me asking that question (...to Miry ).

Well I hope an answer from Stan himself will be excepible. ;)

Wil Wheaton played Rock Band on Sunday and he is a terrible singer XD

I mentioned this to Wil Wheaton on Twitter and he's a little touchy about it. He actually replied with

post-955-1268704921_thumb.jpg

We worked things out though. I think that it's awesome that he replied once never mind that he had a little back and forth with me..