UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

HALO minimates

I have the same reservations as a lot of you guys. Are we going to see many retreads of the Master Chief?

Yet it was a license that Mega Bloks used so perhaps there is scope for the vehicles of Halo to be made, especially when there are vehicles from other licenses being made. I think that will be the distinction between the Kubrick offerings.

I would so go for a translucent blue Cortana!

Well, after making a big fuss about Halo, I went and got the new Halo Universe figures as soon as I saw them. Actually it was just Oni Operative, but still.

She's cool. And as an added bonus she's 4" tall. Looks great next to my IM2 Ironman and T-RIP, though I believe it's an isolated case. You have no idea how all over Halo I'd be if hey were all 4" scale as opposed to 5"/

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what scale these mates would be(unless someone kindly answered this already?) Would they all be the same height or different like the LOTR minimates? <_<

I'm gonna bet on the usual 2-inch scale. We haven't seen regular mixed-scale mates since the DC waves (RIP), and given that Minimates were always meant to all be one scale I don't see why DST would feel the need to deviate from the norm now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been eyeing the Mega Bloks Halo vehicles, they've only just come out in the UK.

The Mega Bloks scale is just slightly smaller than the 2" Minimate. It doesn't make much of a difference to things like the pirate ships etc, but possibly with cockpits and seats for the Halo vehicles they might be too small to comfortably fit a figure. Would like to see pics if anyone has them already.

I don't have pictures, but I did fiddle around with getting a Minimate inside the Warthog, and Spider-Man seems to slide in there fine, though its a tight fit. I imagine things will be a bit more difficult with the Halo figures, depending on how much armor they're sporting from the waist down. Of course, it could be that a few adjustments to the Warthog could accommodate more room.

• 1 month later...