UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bought My First 'Mates (In the Store)

RaginCajun713

I went out and bought 2 sets of 'mates. I was annoyed with what happened with the ebay comic shop that I complained about in the Flea Market thread. So, I bought 2 sets at TRU. I got Extremis Iron Man and Titanium Man, and X-men Origins Wolverine: Logan and Deadpool. I love the iron man and titanium man set, not so sure what I think about the xmo set. I love the amount of customization that the iron man set allows. The armor is done amazingly well imo. Only problem is that the boots are stuck on my Titanium man, although I doubt I'll ever want to switch them off for the feet. I was never huge into Iron Man, but over the past few months he's really been growing on me. And now after this set I'm really looking forward to the im2 movie sets. Can't wait to get my Dark Reign set in from tru.com and then I'll pre=order wave 33 and pick up the Punisher box set as well probably. I love how I have all of my future purchases planned out for now. OH, and I'll pre-order wave 34 as well.

I went out and bought 2 sets of 'mates. I was annoyed with what happened with the ebay comic shop that I complained about in the Flea Market thread. So, I bought 2 sets at TRU. I got Extremis Iron Man and Titanium Man, and X-men Origins Wolverine: Logan and Deadpool. I love the iron man and titanium man set, not so sure what I think about the xmo set. I love the amount of customization that the iron man set allows. The armor is done amazingly well imo. Only problem is that the boots are stuck on my Titanium man, although I doubt I'll ever want to switch them off for the feet. I was never huge into Iron Man, but over the past few months he's really been growing on me. And now after this set I'm really looking forward to the im2 movie sets. Can't wait to get my Dark Reign set in from tru.com and then I'll pre=order wave 33 and pick up the Punisher box set as well probably. I love how I have all of my future purchases planned out for now. OH, and I'll pre-order wave 34 as well.
hey welcome to the multiverse i remember when first started collecting mates my first was ultron and ms. marvel and u should get the iron man 2 mates too k

Its great that you're liking all these new mates :D I remember my first minimate set which I got because I thought minimates were cool, but I wasn't that much into collecting new ones. A year later: My collection grew to about 100 minimates more.

I started out buying them one at a time online, hadn't bought toys in FOREVER and Iron Man was and still is my favorite comic character so I pick up the orgiginal yellow and gold, then grey, red and silver, well maybe just ONE spider-man... 700 some odd later I'm still chomping at the bit for new releases!

Ah yes, I remember my first Minimates. Wave 2 Spider-Man minimates they were. The TRU boxset in fact. Carnage, Spider-Man, Venom, Green Goblin, and Rhino (but he's a secret!) Yes, TRU Spider-Man boxset. Seems SO long ago.

Welcome to the board. I first started by collecting DC/C3 minimates. However, once DC direct killed the line, after awhile I found myself longing for more.

During the summer of 2008, I decided to start collecting Marvel minimates & Marvel moviemates. At first I was only going to purchase a few here and there, but now, a year and a half later, I have collected all of the Marvel moviemates and nearly all of the Marvel minimates ever produced.

(I am still 8 away from having all of the Marvel minimates, and of course 2 of those 8 are the ever elusive gold & silver spider-man exclusives)

So now I'm hooked! (I also collect select moviemates mainly, terminator, rocky, platoon, silence of the lambs, and LOTR)

(Is their a minimates anonymous group I can join? I admit it, I'm addicted to plastic crack! :D )

Meanwhile, good luck on your endeavors, I'm about to head out to TRU as we speak in search of wave 6.

hey welcome to the multiverse i remember when first started collecting mates my first was ultron and ms. marvel and u should get the iron man 2 mates too k

How is that ultron ms marvel pack, my lcs has 2 left of it and I was thinking about them. I was never much of a fan of either, but Ultron looks great.

Heya! Hope you enjoy the ones you've gotten so far and that you find other neat ones to collect.

My first set was the Peter Parker/Green Goblin and Daredevil/Kingpin set. Favorite wave was *sigh* Series 5... Cap, Thing, Doom, Absorbing Man.

Why the *sigh*?

Welcome to Oblivion, or more precisely, the oblivion your wallet will experience with all the waves that are out there to collect. I remember way back when that my first set was the Spiderman set with the mystery Rhino figure from Toys R Us. The good old days. :D

Welcome to Oblivion, or more precisely, the oblivion your wallet will experience with all the waves that are out there to collect. I remember way back when that my first set was the Spiderman set with the mystery Rhino figure from Toys R Us. The good old days. :D

Oh my wallet knows collecting well. First it was Mighty Muggs, then Marvel Universe, then Jakks/Mattel WWE, but this is something I can settle down with. I still have so many Mighty Muggs I'm trying to get rid of, they took up so much room. These guys are nice and small, and a lot less expensive than anything else I've collected. I think I can settle with these, comics, and the few MU's I want. But MU Galactus is going to kill me with money.

• 2 weeks later...

I like many others remember my first set.it was:

MARVEL MINIMATES WALMART/TARGET GROUP A

Civilian logan and masked spidey all the way back in 2004.I LOVED THEM!I remember loosing the wolverine at a resturant and my spidey well i dont know where he is now.in summer 2009 i seen an ad for bttf mates on bttf.com and then i bought the exclusive pack on bttf.com on september of 09 now i have 9 mates but i have a feeling that my collection will rapidly increase because i found a comic shop that about 17 miles away.{I went today and seen that they have waves 29&32&33{sadly no angel and multiple man sets}so i picked up extremis iron man and titanium man,they also said they gonna start to get the marvel waves as they come out so im happy:}