UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from Toyfare

drgnrbrn316

NO TOYFARE EXCLUSIVE!!! Remember all the head aches, ulcers, and fist fight offers over the PM/IF pack? No one would pre-order ANY through them because we could get them sooner at a convention. Can I get a witness......

Amen!

That was quite the cluster, wasn't it? :lol: AA wasn't talking, Wizard wasn't talking and those of us who preordered just got more and more upset. Kind of seems silly now in retrospect.

Although, I do have to admit, I haven't looked at an issue of Wizard or Toyfare since then - that couldn't have any relation to the preorder debacle. :blink:

Asked about an update on DC Minimates, Neo over at AA says:

"I'm getting info on these and expect something this coming week. As usual, we need to coordinate with our partner before we can disclose information before they're ready.

I understand the next issue of ToyFare will either have a Minimates feature or update."

Reideen - You may need to buy a new issue of ToyFare.

Asked about an update on DC Minimates, Neo over at AA says:

"I'm getting info on these and expect something this coming week. As usual, we need to coordinate with our partner before we can disclose information before they're ready.

I understand the next issue of ToyFare will either have a Minimates feature or update."

Reideen - You may need to buy a new issue of ToyFare.

Never. Someone will post the news and eventually scans online. I'll never give Gareb $$ ever again. (Might as well buy 'mates from Toywiz...) ;)

I do agree on magazine, long yeas since I bought every issue (old issues did come in handy for AA wiki entry though)

BUT....

Another ToyFare exclusive would help to spike interest in the line and mates as a whole, if only from speculators who buy every exclusive...

I usually buy Toyfare for the Twisted Toyfare Theater and some of the more tongue-in-cheek articles. Don't buy anything from exclusives or buy into any of the major "give us money" points though. I'll be getting the mag just to see what sort of write-up the mates are getting. Hopefully, we'll see something more than what we already have seen or known.

Who are Gareb and the Shaemus family? They certainly sound like supervillains...

Gareb and the Shaemus's (sounds like a good band name) are an evil cadre of supervillian scalpers, artificially inflating the 'value' of items in magazines like Wizard to turn around and sell the same item at their family store, ToyWiz.

I do agree on magazine, long yeas since I bought every issue (old issues did come in handy for AA wiki entry though)

BUT....

Another ToyFare exclusive would help to spike interest in the line and mates as a whole, if only from speculators who buy every exclusive...

It may spike interest but now isn't the best time to do it... there's nothing new in stores for them to follow up with to make the addiction complete.

Makes me wonder if that's one of the mulitude of reasons we didn't see summer exclusives.

T.

So are we supposed to be receiving news this week?

I'm fine with waiting on the release but not having any clue on the shipping date is killing me. I know I'll be much less bugged when I have a date to look forward to instead of my current state of mind thinking 'hmm.. well, it could be next month.. or it could be 3 months.. or it could be 3rd Quarter 2007... <grrr>'