UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

News from Toyfare

drgnrbrn316

I seem to recall people asked why Wizard took them down, that's why.

Why? Because of costs, or Booster's "crooked-goggles"? Or "Why they appeared in ToyFare"? It's very early and I'm a bit confused.

Ah, that makes more sense. I really liked the Powerman/IronFist (one of my favorites). I'd actually like to see another, it was one of the best exclusives that they've ever done. C'mon ToyFare, "exclusive DC Alfred/Dick Grayson" for getting our hopes-up with "non-information" about DC's release!

Ah, that makes more sense. I really liked the Powerman/IronFist (one of my favorites). I'd actually like to see another, it was one of the best exclusives that they've ever done. C'mon ToyFare, "exclusive DC Alfred/Dick Grayson" for getting our hopes-up with "non-information" about DC's release!

no a variant R.I.P blue beetle & booster gold

blue beetle with blood stains and busted goggles and a chunk taken out of his mask

booster gold with a ghost rider head

:D just kidding

Speaking of which, I was bored at the comic shop today and stumbled across good old #83 where they had their last really large Minimate article (due to the then upcoming release of C3) and Power Man/Iron Fist exclusive. Pity there doesn't seem to be any interest in another one. Too much overstock perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

NO TOYFARE EXCLUSIVE!!! Remember all the head aches, ulcers, and fist fight offers over the PM/IF pack? No one would pre-order ANY through them because we could get them sooner at a convention. Can I get a witness......

Oh and Bats old cowl is different in that proto pic isn't it? I don't remember any faces painted ON the cowl, they were cut out to show the head under.

NO TOYFARE EXCLUSIVE!!! Remember all the head aches, ulcers, and fist fight offers over the PM/IF pack? No one would pre-order ANY through them because we could get them sooner at a convention. Can I get a witness......

Oh and Bats old cowl is different in that proto pic isn't it? I don't remember any faces painted ON the cowl, they were cut out to show the head under.

In all the protos I've seen of Bats, his cowl has had the face added on for these new DCD mates. The battle damaged Bats has a different face under the cowl than the one painted on the cowl. An interesting take on the mask, but I think I like the three dimensional aspect of having layers with the mask cut out over the face.

In all the protos I've seen of Bats, his cowl has had the face added on for these new DCD mates. The battle damaged Bats has a different face under the cowl than the one painted on the cowl. An interesting take on the mask, but I think I like the three dimensional aspect of having layers with the mask cut out over the face.

I like "layered masks" better too. I always thought that it would have been cool if AA painted two faces on each side of the head(like LEGO) to achieve different expressions. But, I guess this is their mandatory-need to differentiate themselves from companies! It's not so bad on Batman, but this new approach really looks odd on characters like Harley Quinn(the head appears bigger than normal).