UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's the best Classic * Current Iron Man?

MisterMiracle

The best one is the latest "classic" look. Also, get the variant for the neato rivet-headed version. The Centurion/1st appearance set is also nifty if you can find one. All of 'em are good, actually, except the Civil War one... bad helmet apps and much too tall/bulky... and the latest "Extremis" one just because it's too damned tall with those feet on it. Still a great looking figure... but I'll talk that classic ol' suit any day.

Personally, if you care about comic-accuracy or not, my favorite Armor is the Movie Mk II. I just love the all-silver, streamlined look it has; it's very appealing. After that it's the Wave 25 Classic, and then Modular from the IMTTA Box Set. Rounding up the end is the new Extremis, and everything else i could care less about. :P

Oh, wait...almost forgot Movie Stealth. Okay, Movie Stealth is the last, and everything after him is just pointless to me. :P

I was always partial to the first Iron Man that was released. It's classic. But then again, I'm partial to Iron Man minimates all together. I wasn't put off by the Extremis armor. I thought it was just about right. The real question is, when will they make a Hulk Buster and Thor Buster armor? Oh, and did anyone catch the mention of Iron Man's Ant Man buster armor back in the WW Hulk comic series? Wonder how that would look? :biggrin:

Edited by rx78jj

The latest Classic one (without rivets) is my favorite for classic looks.. but I gotta say I absolutely loved the Iron Man movie versions.. Red/Gold, Silver, and TRU Stealth.. That is one of the most brilliant minimates ever created imho. I had the red and yellow movie version displayed on the firey take-off platform on my desk at work for around 6 months.. I work in an accounting office where stuff like that just isn't displayed and I took some ribbing for it.. but I did not care. :) I look forward to the next movie versions..

The original release is the best, in my opinion. The eyes on the wave 25 "classic" version are spaced too far apart so he looks like Iron-Frog. Plus, the shinier colors just don't "pop" as well as the first release, with the more primary color scheme. The rings on the shoulders, arms, and legs of the wave 25 version are pretty nifty, though.

Edited by karamazov80