UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

anyone else think they should make a DC ultimate alliance

mrknowitall

I don't think they should, i mean ultimate alliance though I never played ,I have heard has some bad controls, , Plus isn't the upcoming Dc universe online game kinda like ultimate alliance in which this time you make your own superhero and choose who you want on your team?

I own the first Ultimate Alliance--essentially an update of the X-Men Legends games--and I would love to see a DC version. This series was really the best superhero franchise to come along until the recent Arkham Asylum (which obviously provides a very different kind of superhero playing experience). I think the DC Universe game sounds stupid. Who wants to play as some generic character interacting with all the well known superheroes?

Edited by karamazov80

I own the first Ultimate Alliance--essentially an update of the X-Men Legends games--and I would love to see a DC version. This series was really the best superhero franchise to come along until the recent Arkham Asylum (which obviously provides a very different kind of superhero playing experience). I think the DC Universe game sounds stupid. Who wants to play as some generic character interacting with all the well known superheroes?

I thought that too when I first heard of it too, but I'll give a rental and see how it fairs up, hopefully Dc doesn't screw it up, and if they too eh... but I really dunno about having a Dc ultimate alliance game,maybe since I myself never played the marvel UA that I have the feeling it wouldn't work, guess I should play it . BUt an arkham asylum 2 would be a better deal, or maybe a new superman game done in the same dedication as arkham asylum, now that would be awesome. B)

I just don't understand the appeal of playing as a generic, create-a-superhero when all the superheroes you actually know and like are hanging around you doing their super-business. The fun of X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance is the ability to play as those well known characters, using their powers to fight comic villains.

I wouldn't really want a DC Ultimate Alliance game, but more like a DC: the Ultimate Story game; here's what i'm thinking:

a. You get to play as the enitre (or at least my) JLA

-Batman

-Superman

-Wonder Woman

-Green Lantern

-Green Arrow and Black Canary (Co-op, or switch between them for puzzle-solving)

-Aquaman

-The Flash

b. You get a 10-level story for each character, each in respective cites/places

-Gotham/Bludhaven

-Metropolis/Smallville

-Themiscyra (Paradise Island)/Hell/God World

-Oa/Various Space sectors/Coast City

-Star City

-Atlantis/Various under-sea locales

-Central City/Gorilla City

c. 2 mini-bosses per Level; 1 Big Boss per level

d. Game ends with character joining JLA for one massive JLA/LoD beatdown

e. Unlockable characters with 5 levels of story each as game is played

f. After game is finished, in Lego Batman fashion, you get to go back and play through as villains

I'd be in love and would never leave my house. It's the ultimate game; fleshes out each character just enough, and you get to play as your favorites.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

accidently made a new one sorry :D and i have no idea how to delete new topics

The idea is not to make them in the first place, that's 3 extra threads for this one topic alone I've had to delete!

Be more careful or we will put you on mod preview!

T.

They tried this last generation...

Justice League Heroes

Didn't go over so well. However, if it was handled properly I would love to see a DC Alliance game. They are working on DC Universe right now and that looks cool, it's a MMO game that Sony is making. It's more action oriented. But I'd like to see a dungeon crawler with the DC heroes dipping into some of their current story lines with maybe some flashback type missions for classic stories. If it was as good as Ultimate Alliance I would buy it day one! neo

• 1 month later...
I think the DC Universe game sounds stupid. Who wants to play as some generic character interacting with all the well known superheroes?

I WANNA PLAY AS MY OWN HERO OR VILLIAN!

If you think about it{or at least for me},allot of people{like me} has a dream to be there own hero and make them with there own powers and make everyone{or atleast some people}think you'r the best hero around!

and that is the exact thing you can do in DC Universe Online.

I think the DC Universe game sounds stupid. Who wants to play as some generic character interacting with all the well known superheroes?

If you think about it{or at least for me},allot of people{like me} has a dream to be there own hero and make them with there own powers and make everyone{or atleast some people}think you'r the best hero around!

Nuthouse is down the street, to your left...

:P

Nuthouse is down the street, to your left...

:P

omg suprisingly thats the same area of my house...oh wait,damn :angry: