UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is there a future?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there gang, great surprises are just around the corner! I promise...

Sorry for the confusion. This should of had quotes around it. I was mimicking what was said by Adam. The same line we have heard for the last couple of years...

Hang in there gang, great surprises are just around the corner! I promise...

Sorry for the confusion. This should of had quotes around it. I was mimicking what was said by Adam. The same line we have heard for the last couple of years...

Very true. Seeing is believing.

lets just hope its not this RIP 2003 to 2007 lets hope its 2003-3000

:):D:P

Maybe by then(3000) I could get a Thor/Loki? Of course, by then I'd be pushing 130 years and would DESERVE it by-Gawd(nice B-day present)!!

The future is looking brighter...

...Silver & Gold in fact, Thanks to the new Cylon minimates

Maybe the drought is over (crosses fingers)

I think you're off by a factor of ten there... wouldn't you be over 1,000 years old?

Also, I'm betting by the year 3,000 that toys will have advanced so much that they only require *one* AA battery to operate.

Yikes, you're right! What the Hell am I gonna do with a Thor mini then?! I must have been really tired when I wrote that. Perhaps I'll be awaken from a cryogenic-slumber to find that the post-apocalyptic world is only inhabited by Supermodels and Minimates. I'll probably need to pack some beer too(I'm not that attractive), but the kiddies will have some cool toys to play with after I re-populate the planet! C'mon DST/AA, how can you deny a dying-man's request?

• 5 months later...

I dunno TBT, I think the minimate craze is on its dying legs. I mean, they only announced somewhere in the neighborhood of six new licenses and showed off three waves of BSG, three waves of Marvel, 5 waves of DC, 2 waves of BSG, 1 wave of Star Trek, 2 waves of 24, 1 wave of Back to the Future, 1 wave of Marvel Zombies, plus new mass market Spider-Man figures, and one exclusive Starbuck. If that doesn't sound like death throws to me, I don't know what does. :biggrin:

Kidding aside, it is amazing how far we've come in these past few months. I'd say the future is looking bright now that we've gotten over that bump in the road.

But I'm still not joining the Church of Minimateology. :blink:

I can see why some of the older members are skeptical right now about the future. You guys came out of a very dark age, that luckily I missed.

I do want to say that the mass market stuff does work. I did not know what Minimates were until I saw them at Target, and needed to get my hands on a few, and now in only a month and a half I am 50+ figures in and near $200, as well as pre-ordered DC Waves 1-4 and BSG Wave 1, not to mention a desire to buy most of the other stuff coming out. If that doesn't say success, I don't know what does.

I am glad to see that 2007 looks so bright for the sakes of all of the negative comments that were left in this thread.

I can see why some of the older members are skeptical right now about the future. You guys came out of a very dark age, that luckily I missed.

I think you misread the thread CR, people were skeptical up to about September of 2006 - I think everyone can see how bright the future looks.

It was really interesting reading through this thread. Oh, how the naysayers have said... uh, nay. I've said it in another thread, but 2007 marks the GOLDEN AGE of Minimates!

I think you misread the thread CR, people were skeptical up to about September of 2006 - I think everyone can see how bright the future looks.

I guess I did not mean skeptical. I am thinking more cautious. I get a lot of "yeah, well see" going on since there were long waits, cancellations, and no shows. I don't want to sounds like people at poopooing the ideas that are coming out. I think there is a major hype rising here as we get closer to the release of many lines, and the prospect of lots more coming up. Who cannot get excited when we have been shown the first 5 waves of DC, as well as be able to preorder them. Not to mention seeing a sneak peek of Back to the Future, a virtual left field hit that I think left a lot of mouths open.

Either we are simply not communicating well or I am seriously off the mark but there isn't any hesitation on the part of the membership in terms of the new products and lines. Well, drgnrbrn316 has some things to say but when doesn't he? :tongue: There was in 2006, when this thread was started, but it was inactive unti a few days ago and has been inactive since we saw new product hitting in late '06.

I guess I did not mean skeptical. I am thinking more cautious. I get a lot of "yeah, well see" going on since there were long waits, cancellations, and no shows. I don't want to sounds like people at poopooing the ideas that are coming out. I think there is a major hype rising here as we get closer to the release of many lines, and the prospect of lots more coming up. Who cannot get excited when we have been shown the first 5 waves of DC, as well as be able to preorder them. Not to mention seeing a sneak peek of Back to the Future, a virtual left field hit that I think left a lot of mouths open.

Hey CR,

The reason I resurrected this thread is to show how far we've come in 6 months... I was looking for something totally differnt and stumbled across it.

I think 90% of us are totally stunned, amazed and excited at the coming year, of course there are minor things we will point out that we'd like to change but on the whole the vibe here these days is very positive.

I for one am more than happy to admit my doom and gloom was (with hindsite) wrong and now I'm glad to see such life in the line.

T.

When I first got onboard the minimate movement, I was a total fanboy, standing up for the company in one of their part reuse kicks. But that big drought just got to me like I'm sure it did for many others. I don't know if they had all this planned all along or if they heard our angry pleas, but either way, things look much brighter now, and I'm willing to take back a lot of my gripe, as it seems that AA/DST/etc seem to have the future of the minimate in mind as much as the thickness of their wallets.

And yeah, I'll always have something to say about every product that comes out, but that's just because I love the minimates too much to bite my tongue when I'm not happy with the direction. I know different lines are targeted to different people, so when I question a license choice, its more of a request for more information on the target demographic. Much as I dislike the concept of cereal mates, they'll still find their way onto my display shelf.

I for one am excited about the Golden Age!

It did make me chuckle a bit reading through this thread. Not at you guys in particular, because it's obvious that at the time there was very little product going around, but at the mental image it brought up of the forum sitting around and worrying about a drought when there's a tidal wave coming.

Ugh, that was crappy writing.

It is interesting to look back over such a short period and see how different it was. I was sucked in by the first DC announcements, but didn't really start doing any reading up until November time.

Now I'm having to carefully pick which of the lines I'll buy to avoid bankrupting myself.

Take care,

Jo