UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Dark Reign figures or sets do we need?

eddie h

I have been surprised to not hear about many Dark Reign inspired sets to go with the Dark Avengers. I hope before long we see:

Dark X-Men

-Daken with better likeness

-Mimic

-Dark Beast

-Emma Frost

-Namor

-Michael Pointer

-Cloak

-Dagger

-Mystique

The Hood Gang

-The Hood

-Madame Masque

Thunderbolts

-Yelena Belova (with variant Natalia Romanova)

-Headsman

-Ant Man 3

-Mr X

-Ghost

-Paladin

-Scourge (or should I say ____ )

Original Thunderbolts

-Zemo (hopefully)

-Songbird

-Mach-IV

-Fixer

Secret Warriors

-Nick Fury

-John Garrett

-Dum Dum Dugan

-I forget all those pesky Warriors but Yo Yo and Phobos and Josh and... the others...

A new Punisher....

Who am I missing??

Edited by eddie h

Hmm...well i for one am NOT surprised that we haven't heard anything. Hell, DST didn't really want to do the DAs yet (TRU wanted the "next big thing" for their SDCC Exclusive) anyway. But their are many i'd LOVE to see:

Finishing the Dark Avengers:

Victoria Hand

American Son Harry

HAMMER Agent army builder

The Secret Warriors:

Updated Col. Fury

Dum Dum Dugan

Quake

Slingshot

Eden Fesi

Dark X-men:

Red-and-black Daken

Black Emma

Diamond, Void-carrying Black Emma (Come on, she'll be like this for A WHILE)

X Namor

X Mimic

X Cloak and Dagger

Dark Beast (We need him anyway)

Dark Prof X (or Mystique...take your pick)

Tie-ins:

Modern War-Machine

RESCUE Armor

The Hood

Negative Man

Negative Spider-man (a variant i'd like to see)

The Redeemer

I want a Frankencastle!

Although the Frankencastle story will probably keep the Punisher out of Dark Reign now, it was Dark Reign: The List that resulted in him... well i shouldn't say for spoiler reasons.

Well maybe, but i'll put it into a spoiler bar... it's your call if you wanna look?

Daken chopped Frank Castle into pieces killing him!

Next issue he'll be put back together as a Frankenstein type of monster, or should i say Frankencastle type of monster.

I hope we see more classic characters, myself. I'm enjoying the books coming out right now immensely, but when I see modern Nova but no classic Nova (for example) on my shelf, it bums me out. And with the classic Drax, Warlock, and so forth set coming out... you get the picture.

I'd dearly love to see the original Thunderbolts... Songbird, most of all. A Headsman (Untold Tales of Spider-Man fan that I am, knows from whence he came), Dum Dum Dugan and Paladin would be super keen as well b/c they'd all fit both classic and current styles if they were made just right.

Since KANG just showed up in the latest ish of "Gaurdians of the Galaxy"... I 'SPOSE I could be coaxed MAYBE into enjoying him if he were made. Maybe. :P

Edited by Mystery Man

Since KANG just showed up in the latest ish of "Gaurdians of the Galaxy"... I 'SPOSE I could be coaxed MAYBE into enjoying him if he were made. Maybe. :P

I cannot believe that they brought this title back :lol:

you know, out of all of them, I think Nick Fury is the most deserving right now.. And I don't even like him all that much. It just seems like a crime not to have a decent minimate of him that doesn't look like Sam Jackson... And I love Sam Jackson.

Well, yea...but we need a 616 Fury DESPERATELY. The man's old one was terrible, and i hate putting him next to the newer Minimates. Why on Earth would we need another Sam-Nick so soon?? :mellow:

Franken... Castle? :huh:

When will Marvel learn that killing people off in increasingly absurd ways doesn't solve everything? *sigh*

As to Dark Reign, I'd like seeing the "Dark" Young Avengers

Enchantress

Melter

Executioner

Coat of Arms

Big Zero

Egghead

... but only if we can get the real Young Avengers to go with them ;)

And to prove we're not out of the Kang woods, let's see teenage Kang/Iron Lad too :P

I cannot believe that they brought this title back :lol:

Amazingly enough I've been hearing good things about this title. Was considering saving up for the TPB of their WoK run.

Man, when will Adam Warlock ever catch a break?

Franken... Castle? :huh:

When will Marvel learn that killing people off in increasingly absurd ways doesn't solve everything? *sigh*

Enchantress

Melter

Executioner

Coat of Arms

Big Zero

Egghead

... but only if we can get the real Young Avengers to go with them ;)

Haha, it's good to know i'm not the only one who read that series. ;) I was gonna say them, but i want regular YAs first. :confused: Great team though.

• 2 weeks later...
I want a Frankencastle!

Although the Frankencastle story will probably keep the Punisher out of Dark Reign now, it was Dark Reign: The List that resulted in him... well i shouldn't say for spoiler reasons.

Well maybe, but i'll put it into a spoiler bar... it's your call if you wanna look?

Daken chopped Frank Castle into pieces killing him!

Next issue he'll be put back together as a Frankenstein type of monster, or should i say Frankencastle type of monster.

*headbang*

[rant]Honestly, it's stuff like this that has turned me off of modern comics completely. Things had been going down hill for awhile. Once the travesty that was "Sins Past" (a continuity-destroying, memory-raping crapfest of absolutely ridiculous storytelling) oozed along, I thought things could get no worse...than we get

that nonsense about Mephisto effectively erasing Peter and Mary Jane's marriage out of existence, just because Joe [expletive deleted] Quesada decided that making Spidey a "bachelor" would make him more appealing to younger readers; never mind good storytelling, all that counts is $$$

Makes me long for the good old days when characters stayed dead, the writers didn't insult their readers' intelligence, etc. I miss the 1960s/70s/80s Marvel. :(

[/end rant]

That being said, as low as my regard for modern comics may be, there are some great looking characters, including several of the ones mentioned. I'd happily purchase 'mates of them if they were released.

Enchantress

Melter

Executioner

Coat of Arms

Big Zero

Egghead

Agreed. Not just Enchantress and Executioner, but Baron Zemo, too. The three of them, as a team, were some of the earliest and most memorable Avengers foes. Hopefully, in addition to Melter, they would also release a Black Knight (the evil version) to complement him and Radioactive Man, and those three, with Zemo, would give us the original Masters of Evil. Don't know much about Egghead, but his being a major foe of Hank Pym definitely makes him 'mate worthy in my opinion. No idea who Coat of Arms and Big Zero are, though.

While I agree with the sentiments, Iceman, you really don't need the spoiler boxes on Pete's deal with the devil anymore. That stupidity is fairly well known by now. In hindsight, the whole clone saga thing wasn't as bad as we thought by comparison.

And they killed the Punisher... again... yeah that trick worked soooooo well when they tried it last time didn't it?

I would not be oppossed to a Dark X-Men set, if only for a Mimic. (you know if it happened it's be a repainted Emma, a repainted Namor, a repainted Daken, and one other character) I like a lot of the characters in the newest GotG, and the idea of a Rocket Racoon mate it just too ammusing, so I'm up for a set of those too... or at least a 2 pack with Rocket in it.

And as much as I hate Clint's still wearing it, an updated Ronin with modern Mockingbird is past due. (Come on, who isn't happy to see him wielding a bow again in the pages of Mighty Avengers, no matter how lame the big bad is?)

you know, out of all of them, I think Nick Fury is the most deserving right now.. And I don't even like him all that much. It just seems like a crime not to have a decent minimate of him that doesn't look like Sam Jackson... And I love Sam Jackson.

Well, yea...but we need a 616 Fury DESPERATELY. The man's old one was terrible, and i hate putting him next to the newer Minimates. Why on Earth would we need another Sam-Nick so soon?? :mellow:

I don't like the official Fury either, but I took a Patch Wolverine and put a Mr. Fantastic hairpiece on him, and I like that one infinitely more, he looks a lot more serious and badass, and the white coat gives him a Bond look. Maybe that will help.